Politics

Christmas Tree

The thing that got me was always the "on the dole with a plasma tv" trope. Of course it inferred anyone on the dole had never worked so the idea of someone doing okay, having a nice telly and then losing their job wasn't considered. 

Even then as being on the dole is obviously a life sentence and not the pause it should be given the excellent help of the job centres in helping find new jobs, the TV must be sold immediately lest ye be judged as dole scum. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

The thing that got me was always the "on the dole with a plasma tv" trope. Of course it inferred anyone on the dole had never worked so the idea of someone doing okay, having a nice telly and then losing their job wasn't considered. 

Even then as being on the dole is obviously a life sentence and not the pause it should be given the excellent help of the job centres in helping find new jobs, the TV must be sold immediately lest ye be judged as dole scum. 

Remember the failed quest to find generations of the same family who’d spent their entire adult life on the dole? 

• Like 2

Very few of the people I’ve known that have had to use benefits wanted to. 

They all, invariably, felt some misplaced shame in having to use them, even though they were in the situation through no fault of their own. 

One of the most distasteful things (of the many) about Tories is their utter disregard for people who’ve run in to trouble financially*, trouble usually caused by rancid Tory policies. 

This, whilst at the same time handing out PPE and Ferry contracts to weeks-old firms with no prior experience, no PPE, and no fucking boats. 
The billions lost to their mates, and the billions that has been spent on all aspects of Brexit, plus the billions Brexit has cost us in trade losses, makes the cost of giving people a living benefit when it’s needed look like chicken feed. 

That fucking cunt Johnson and his fucking cunt wife spent more on wallpaper than most families live on for a few years…

… then got someone else to pay for it. 

* unless they have double-barrelled surnames, went to “good” schools, and have a weekend pile in the country, in which case they bung them a few million in contracts. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Very few of the people I’ve known that have had to use benefits wanted to. 

They all, invariably, felt some misplaced shame in having to use them, even though they were in the situation through no fault of their own. 

One of the most distasteful things (of the many) about Tories is their utter disregard for people who’ve run in to trouble financially*, trouble usually caused by rancid Tory policies. 

This, whilst at the same time handing out PPE and Ferry contracts to weeks-old firms with no prior experience, no PPE, and no fucking boats. 
The billions lost to their mates, and the billions that has been spent on all aspects of Brexit, plus the billions Brexit has cost us in trade losses, makes the cost of giving people a living benefit when it’s needed look like chicken feed. 

That fucking cunt Johnson and his fucking cunt wife spent more on wallpaper than most families live on for a few years…

… then got someone else to pay for it. 

* unless they have double-barrelled surnames, went to “good” schools, and have a weekend pile in the country, in which case they bung them a few million in contracts. 

Yet mugs still vote for them

• Like 1

Off What Alex said.  I grew up on a council estate and I knew a few people on benefits. Parents worked but in low income jobs and usually only one parent.  My dad couldnt work for a period and we ended up on free school meals for a period.

Yet

My sister always snips at people on benefits.  She's an utter mong and I can't talk politics with her.  She voted Tory and her reasoning was 'Mum said we can vote who we like and its where I aspire to be'  My retort of 'what a self serving cunt who wouldn't piss on their bairns if they were on fire?' didn't go down too well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

Would you really pay for Sky if you were struggling to feed your kids?

Would you really expect £40 a month to make a difference? Are you for fucking real, you whopper?!

What if they have sky to provide broadband to help them with job applications?

What if they manage to get a job on £10 an hour, and still struggle to put food on the table?

Have you ever been in a food bank? I have it's fucking miserable.

I grew up on benefits and free school meals because my dad had a heart attack and couldn't work anymore. Is he a cunt for putting AOL in the house when broadband came around?

I'm lucky that I got a decent education and work in a largely middle class profession now so my kids hopefully never have to worry about it but I would never, under any circumstances, talk down to someone who has to access benefits to survive. Anyone who does belongs in a furnace IMO.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Would you really expect £40 a month to make a difference? Are you for fucking real, you whopper?!

What if they have sky to provide broadband to help them with job applications?

What if they manage to get a job on £10 an hour, and still struggle to put food on the table?

Have you ever been in a food bank? I have it's fucking miserable.

I grew up on benefits and free school meals because my dad had a heart attack and couldn't work anymore. Is he a cunt for putting AOL in the house when broadband came around?

I'm lucky that I got a decent education and work in a largely middle class profession now so my kids hopefully never have to worry about it but I would never, under any circumstances, talk down to someone who has to access benefits to survive. Anyone who does belongs in a furnace IMO.

You’re a psychopath

15 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

I never said I look down on anyone and made a point of saying that welfare should be there for people who are ill in any way.

Just people who are ill eh? How benevolent of you. So anyone out of work but actively looking can go fuck themselves? Got it. Nice one 👍

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm going to lose my job soon, the welfare system isn't really going to help and the job search isn't going to plan so far. I'm in a bad enough mood atm as it is without seeing shite like this. (I haven't got sky and I'm still in work btw so zero chance of getting it when I'm out of work). 

Really sorry to hear that but the very best of luck. For what it’s worth, you always come across as one of the most intelligent (and undoubtedly one of the funniest) posters on here, so I hope someone recognises your talents soon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Really sorry to hear that but the very best of luck. For what it’s worth, you always come across as one of the most intelligent (and undoubtedly one of the funniest) posters on here, so I hope someone recognises your talents soon.

I'll second this. I'm wary to say this cos I don't want to sound patronising but HMHM you've got a real flair for creative writing. There's got to be some job you can apply this to. The Lee Ryder stuff, creases me up just thinking about it. :lol:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm going to lose my job soon, the welfare system isn't really going to help and the job search isn't going to plan so far. I'm in a bad enough mood atm as it is without seeing shite like this. (I haven't got sky and I'm still in work btw so zero chance of getting it when I'm out of work). 

Good luck with the job hunt, mate. Job bother is an absolute cunt and a massive stress. I hope you find something soon.

• Like 2