Politics

Christmas Tree

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm going to lose my job soon, the welfare system isn't really going to help and the job search isn't going to plan so far. I'm in a bad enough mood atm as it is without seeing shite like this. (I haven't got sky and I'm still in work btw so zero chance of getting it when I'm out of work). 

Good luck with the job hunt, mate. Job bother is an absolute cunt and a massive stress. I hope you find something soon.

• Like 2

Even I'm under mild threat of redundancy and aye, it's unsettling. I'm fucking ace at my job like but I'm expensive and old, so who knows? The economy's completely fucked and it's feeding into my field. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'll second this. I'm wary to say this cos I don't want to sound patronising but HMHM you've got a real flair for creative writing. There's got to be some job you can apply this to. The Lee Ryder stuff, creases me up just thinking about it. :lol:

Also think this btw.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Don’t you work in publishing? ….

image.gif.61a6d59ea4ade4f8fe2b07225a9e75c9.gif

I almost mentioned this but the reality is I'm in the very dry managerial side of it rather than content decisions.

Mind you if HMHM is ever interested I daresay I could look through the old contact book.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Really sorry to hear that but the very best of luck. For what it’s worth, you always come across as one of the most intelligent (and undoubtedly one of the funniest) posters on here, so I hope someone recognises your talents soon.

9 hours ago, Renton said:

I'll second this. I'm wary to say this cos I don't want to sound patronising but HMHM you've got a real flair for creative writing. There's got to be some job you can apply this to. The Lee Ryder stuff, creases me up just thinking about it. :lol:

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Also think this btw.

Steady on, lads. :lol:

But thanks. :good:(Yesterday was a bit frustrating dealing with a few things job search wise and had me on a real downer tbh so reading the sky post  shite was definitely wrong place, wrong time).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Double win for Labour. Great stuff. More woe for Sunak.

You wouldn't know it listening to R5. Chris Mason has just said Labour still has a "mountain to climb" to climb to win a GE. Fuck off man! Haven't looked at the data yet but this must have been a record swing to Labour even with the LDs acting the cunt. 

Bad night for G&T and fascists everywhere.

Chris Mason has been rolling that line out after every recent by-election humiliation for the Tories. It must be in his contract and it’s gaslighting, pure and simple. If you look at the analysis of polls by sites like electoral calculus then for over a year now the predictions are in the 150-200 seat range, in terms of a Labour majority. How the fuck does that represent ‘a mountain to climb’? 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Bad night for G&T and fascists everywhere.

Chris Mason has been rolling that line out after every recent by-election humiliation for the Tories. It must be in his contract and it’s gaslighting, pure and simple. If you look at the analysis of polls by sites like electoral calculus then for over a year now the predictions are in the 150-200 seat range, in terms of a Labour majority. How the fuck does that represent ‘a mountain to climb’? 

Cos only GE votes count apparently. The fact that Johnson won the election based on a series of blatant lie which have been found out and he has now left politics in disgrace is neither her nor there apparently. As Gemmill says though, this is good for Labour. Maybe he's a double agent. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

You wouldn't know it listening to R5. Chris Mason has just said Labour still has a "mountain to climb" to climb to win a GE. Fuck off man! Haven't looked at the data yet but this must have been a record swing to Labour even with the LDs acting the cunt. 

Gave up on 5Liven years ago.  I listen to sport every now and then.  I like Mark Chapman.  But cunts like Peter Allen can go suck a fart out of a dead's cats are for me the cunt.

• Haha 3

Just now, Renton said:

Cos only GE votes count apparently. The fact that Johnson won the election based on a series of blatant lie which have been found out and he has now left politics in disgrace is neither her nor there apparently. As Gemmill says though, this is good for Labour. Maybe he's a double agent. 

I agree it’s probably a good thing but I think it’s more indicative of the dumbing down of politics than anything else. 

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

No. In Tamworth Labour vote went up by 800 and went down in mid Beds. Tories just didn’t bother turning out in both. That’s not going to happen at a gen. elect.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Starmer is going to be the next PM but that map has Poole turning Labour. I’ll eat a fuckin hatstand and all the hats on it if that happens next year :cuppa:

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gave up on 5Liven years ago.  I listen to sport every now and then.  I like Mark Chapman.  But cunts like Peter Allen can go suck a fart out of a dead's cats are for me the cunt.

Peter Allen who retired from the tea time slot in 2014 & from the station in 2016?… that Peter Allen? 🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

No. In Tamworth Labour vote went up by 800 and went down in mid Beds. Tories just didn’t bother turning out in both. That’s not going to happen at a gen. elect.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Starmer is going to be the next PM but that map has Poole turning Labour. I’ll eat a fuckin hatstand and all the hats on it if that happens next year :cuppa:

It says it’s just for fun ;) 

But while it’s not going to be quite that bad for the Conservatives I think a lot of polling suggested they’d hang onto Bedfordshire Mid 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Peter Allen who retired from the tea time slot in 2014 & from the station in 2016?… that Peter Allen? 🤔

You forgot your readers lad?

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So how would I know.............................mate.

That's what he used to do.  Get a topic going.

'Lets speak to Barnaby in Kensington'

'Blah blah blah, Tory Tory Tory, blah blah'
'Great call Barnaby.  Next is Barry in Burnley'
'Hi Mate, what's your point mate'

CUNT 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

You forgot your readers lad?

So how would I know.............................mate.

That's what he used to do.  Get a topic going.

'Lets speak to Barnaby in Kensington'

'Blah blah blah, Tory Tory Tory, blah blah'
'Great call Barnaby.  Next is Barry in Burnley'
'Hi Mate, what's your point mate'

CUNT 

YAAAASS! LOVE THIS AGGRESSION!

Put your fucking READERS on PL before you step to Yorkshire-T, you old cunt!

• Haha 4