Politics

Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Unbelieveable this. I hope it gains some traction. It might considering the absolute horrific nature of the murder. 

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Unbelieveable this. I hope it gains some traction. It might considering the absolute horrific nature of the murder. 

Not just the nature of the murder but the coverage it has been getting. Sunak should (and likely will) be dragged to bits over it by the media. His PR team must be sick of the cunt. In the space of a few weeks he's laughed in the face of a voter who expressed legitimate concerns to him over the state of the NHS and now this.

It’s fucking disgusting patter anyway. Obviously made worse by the context. Can’t wait to get rid of these cunts 

• Like 5

Aye, transphobic dogwhistling from the actual Prime Minister. He's pathetic. 

I don't fully understand the whole trans thing and everyone's position so I just keep out of it, but all you have to do generally is not be a cunt. He can't even manage that. 

• Like 6

Screenshot_20240207-125737.png.86ff4ed3f86e1e5d5fccc19894767956.png

Chose to explicitly address her and explicitly not apologise. If there's a way to make something worse, this dick will find it and if it doesn't already exist he'll invent it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, transphobic dogwhistling from the actual Prime Minister. He's pathetic. 

I don't fully understand the whole trans thing and everyone's position so I just keep out of it, but all you have to do generally is not be a cunt. He can't even manage that. 

That's my general standpoint as well. This is basically the point I made yesterday about the cunt that got banned from the stadium.

I may not understand trans people or how/why they feel the way they do in terms of identity but I equally don't care to the extent that it wouldn't change my opinion of someone if they were trans. Just treat them with a bit of general decency and don't fucking pick on them for one aspect of their entire existence, just because you don't understand it. It's a pretty simple thing really and it covers you for all racial, religious, gender or sexuality related situations that you may encounter.

However, the opportunity to get a few 'oohs' from his party was too big to avoid. I bet he felt a right dick when there was nothing but uncomfortable silence and the odd bit of shuffling behind him given the situation. Assuming he even noticed like.

• Like 7

Doubling down on the non-apology. This is what Johnson used to do, and within a couple of days the apology comes, but not before he's allowed it to become an even bigger story as a result of the initial refusal to apologise. 

Basic common sense is just absent with these people. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

Doubling down on the non-apology. This is what Johnson used to do, and within a couple of days the apology comes, but not before he's allowed it to become an even bigger story as a result of the initial refusal to apologise. 

Basic common sense is just absent with these people. 

Well Sunak did learn from Johnson tbf, it stands to reason that he'd be equally pig headed in these situations.

If only he'd called the election early instead of kicking it down the road he may have stood a chance at recovering some of the seats they'd lost. Now they are now 100% going to lose them, and the longer he delays it the more opportunity he has for sticking his foot in it and making things infinitely worse.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

However, the opportunity to get a few 'oohs' from his party was too big to avoid. I bet he felt a right dick when there was nothing but uncomfortable silence and the odd bit of shuffling behind him given the situation. Assuming he even noticed like.

There were cheers behind and to the side of him. Crys of "shame" from in front of him. They are almost to a man/woman utter, utter cunts. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

Apart from the horrendous insensitivity and crassness of Sunak here, and his trademark refusal to apologise,what really actually upsets me here is the fact it is dog whistle politics like this that leads to murders like Brianna. He is the prime minister, the leader of the country, he knows this, and yet he still does this. As Alex said, whether or not Brianna's mother is present shouldn't make a difference. 

The way this lot of tories have debased everything this country stands for is truly sickening. And they call themselves patriots. I don't want them voted out. I want them to go extinct. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Apart from the horrendous insensitivity and crassness of Sunak here, and his trademark refusal to apologise,what really actually upsets me here is the fact it is dog whistle politics like this that leads to murders like Brianna. He is the prime minister, the leader of the country, he knows this, and yet he still does this. As Alex said, whether or not Brianna's mother is present shouldn't make a difference. 

The way this lot of tories have debased everything this country stands for is truly sickening. And they call themselves patriots. I don't want them voted out. I want them to go extinct. 

It shouldn't make a difference, but even if he sits on one side of the trans-politics fence you'd think he'd have the sense not to make transphobic jokes when the mother of a trans girl who was brutally murdered is present.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

It shouldn't make a difference, but even if he sits on one side of the trans-politics fence you'd think he'd have the sense not to make transphobic jokes when the mother of a trans girl who was brutally murdered is present.

He doesn’t care. 

Couldn’t give a fuck about her or her mother because there’s no profit in it for him. 

I don’t mean political profit or popularity profit or whatever, I mean pure, avaricious, monetary profit. 

Nothing else matters to these cunts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

it’s looking like you won’t be disappointed 

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He doesn’t care. 

Couldn’t give a fuck about her or her mother because there’s no profit in it for him. 

I don’t mean political profit or popularity profit or whatever, I mean pure, avaricious, monetary profit. 

To that cunt in particular too. He is the most money driven PM of all time I'm willing to bet.

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

To that cunt in particular too. He is the most money driven PM of all time I'm willing to bet.

I think the previous skin bag would tie with him tbh, just this particular weasel manage to find a rich wife. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think the previous skin bag would tie with him tbh, just this particular weasel manage to find a rich wife. 

If we're talking about Boris I think he was completely driven by the power tbh, despite the fact he was completely unfit to be in charge. He felt as though he had a divine right to be the most powerful man in the country and was driven by that. The backhanded deals giving him a bit of wealth was a bi-product IMO.

Both utter cunts, and I hope they both die in the same plane crash and they can take the rest of their cronies with them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He doesn’t care. 

I am convinced the upper class genuinely do not give a fuck about those in "lower stations". By upper class I mean the Eton/WInchester brigade. And this of course includes the aristocracy and the royal family. No empathy, no thought, we're like insects to them. I actually learned this back in the day when Mrs Rents was a trainee barrister and I had to meet these fuckers at the traditional dinners you had to go to at the Inns of Court. 

I remember one dinner where they got some semi-famous singer at the time and he sang "Streets of London". They all loved that, apparently completely oblivious to the meaning of the lyrics, like Cameron liking "Eton Rifles" (although on reflection he probably did understand and like the lyrics). Afterwards I met some Duchess or other who asked where I was from. "Newcarsle? Oh, I've been there once, dreadful place". She then regaled me with a delightful story about how on the time she came up to Newcarsle, as the train was leaving Kings Cross, she remembered she had forgotten something, got the conductor to stop the train and reverse back into the station. Train was only an hour late apparently, no matter the inconvenience to hundreds of northerner plebs. 

And yet. A sizable proportion of people from our region still tug their forelocks and doff their caps for these fuckers. I wish we'd had a French style revolution and exterminated the fuckers personally. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I am convinced the upper class genuinely do not give a fuck about those in "lower stations". By upper class I mean the Eton/WInchester brigade. And this of course includes the aristocracy and the royal family. No empathy, no thought, we're like insects to them. I actually learned this back in the day when Mrs Rents was a trainee barrister and I had to meet these fuckers at the traditional dinners you had to go to at the Inns of Court. 

I remember one dinner where they got some semi-famous singer at the time and he sang "Streets of London". They all loved that, apparently completely oblivious to the meaning of the lyrics, like Cameron liking "Eton Rifles" (although on reflection he probably did understand and like the lyrics). Afterwards I met some Duchess or other who asked where I was from. "Newcarsle? Oh, I've been there once, dreadful place". She then regaled me with a delightful story about how on the time she came up to Newcarsle, as the train was leaving Kings Cross, she remembered she had forgotten something, got the conductor to stop the train and reverse back into the station. Train was only an hour late apparently, no matter the inconvenience to hundreds of northerner plebs. 

And yet. A sizable proportion of people from our region still tug their forelocks and doff their caps for these fuckers. I wish we'd had a French style revolution and exterminated the fuckers personally. 

Imagine asking where someone was from only to describe it as dreadful when they tell you. You should have hockled on her, give her the proper experience of a southener/toff cunt visiting the North. 

I can't stand the privately educated as a rule, I've met a fair few exceptions over the years (mainly second generation new money types that still had parents who remembered what being really skint feels like) but I still stand by the fact that the majority don't operate within the real world or even have a concept of it.

• Like 1

Oh wait, apparently according to the usual loonies, it was all a despicable ploy by Keir Hardy to score politcal points. Silly me. What an absolute weird Alice through the Looking Glass world some of us live in. 

I remember my first couple of weeks at University. We were in catered halls in that first year. Anyway, it took me little while to cotton on but lots of people in the halls asked what school I’d gone to. I thought it was a bit odd (like how the fuck would someone from another part of the country be familiar with Seaton Burn Community High School. It was, of course, the privately educated sounding you out to see if you were a pleb or one of them. Within about two weeks they were sat in their private school cliques. I hasten to add not everyone from that background was like that - some couldn’t wait to disassociate themselves from that bit of their life. However it applied to the vast majority of them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Oh wait, apparently according to the usual loonies, it was all a despicable ploy by Keir Hardy to score politcal points. Silly me. What an absolute weird Alice through the Looking Glass world some of us live in. 

She’s the prize cunts’ prize cunt 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I remember my first couple of weeks at University. We were in catered halls in that first year. Anyway, it took me little while to cotton on but lots of people in the halls asked what school I’d gone to. I thought it was a bit odd (like how the fuck would someone from another part of the country be familiar with Seaton Burn Community High School. It was, of course, the privately educated sounding you out to see if you were a pleb or one of them. Within about two weeks they were sat in their private school cliques. I hasten to add not everyone from that background was like that - some couldn’t wait to disassociate themselves from that bit of their life. However it applied to the vast majority of them.

Yeah, I partly chose to do Medicine at Liverpool because I had researched that it had the lowest proportion of private school educated students in that faculty. Even there though, in the late 80s, it was something like 55% of the intake. I guess I drifted towards the state educated clique, as we were in the minority. Like you, of course some of the private lot were sound but most really weren't. Hopefully its evened out a bit since then as Medicine has been seriously degraded as a career by the tories (so has law as it happens). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I partly chose to do Medicine at Liverpool because I had researched that it had the lowest proportion of private school educated students in that faculty. Even there though, in the late 80s, it was something like 55% of the intake. I guess I drifted towards the state educated clique, as we were in the minority. Like you, of course some of the private lot were sound but most really weren't. Hopefully its evened out a bit since then as Medicine has been seriously degraded as a career by the tories (so has law as it happens). 

Screenshot_20240207-163355.png.47be1cd7166a82cb8a4d3205d2feef3b.png

• Haha 3