Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Why is no-one talking about this? It will affect most on this board, and it's bullshit. We should have our fluorescent gilets on and be tearing down parliament. 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2024/feb/09/raising-uk-state-pension-age

Some paid for RW think tank* says 'we think they should raise the pension age' and everyone scuttles around talking about it? I and many others think the pension ages shouldn't have risen and the amount you get needs vastly upped. Let them discuss that instead. :cuppa:

*I can't see any info on how they're funded so I'm making some assumptions. Sue me if I'm wrong.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I am praying to the flying spaghetti monster for this to happen. I am beginning to hate Biden as much as Trump because of his lack of self reflection. 

Clinton took office 31 years ago. He is still younger than Trump and Biden

10 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Fuck me those three make up the mount rushmore of diddlers with one space left for the next creepy commander in chief :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Fuck me those three make up the mount rushmore of diddlers with one space left for the next creepy commander in chief :lol:

The Addams Family Smile GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

"I am BLOODY loyal to the North East." :lol:

Sounds like he's about to throw away a 12 point lead 28 years ago.

27 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

He was back then too 👍🏻

;) 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Why is no-one talking about this? It will affect most on this board, and it's bullshit. We should have our fluorescent gilets on and be tearing down parliament. 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2024/feb/09/raising-uk-state-pension-age

When the dog dies I think me and the now semi-permanent Mrs PL will be making plans to visit Switzerland… not told her yet like, saving that for her birthday ☺️

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

When the dog dies I think me and the now semi-permanent Mrs PL will be making plans to visit Switzerland… not told her yet like, saving that for her birthday ☺️

Hope you have a lovely time and bring back some toblerone. 

Wait, what?

Are You Sure Britney Spears GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they're heading for a a spectacular defeat. 

i wonder what our resident Corbynite makes of it all 

FYP

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they're heading for a a spectacular defeat. 

i wonder what our resident tory makes of it all 

west wing GIF

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Unsure if I am the resident Corbynite but as said earlier, I still think it's a huge missed opportunity :lol: 

He meant CT I think. 

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ah it's CT isn't it.

I've been low activity on here so long I'm forgetting the memes. My bad, ignore me :D 

Who said that?

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Unsure if I am the resident Corbynite but as said earlier, I still think it's a huge missed opportunity :lol: 

no, he means CT, who claimed he voted corbyn in the last election because he likes free stuff 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ah it's CT isn't it.

I've been low activity on here so long I'm forgetting the memes. My bad, ignore me :D 

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

There is such an echo chamber now between the populist Tory policies of the day (immigrants, grooming gangs, trans rights, 30mph zones, electric cars etc) and the right wing papers/GB news lot that report on it, that they're cognitively dissonant to the fact that 80% of the country couldn't give a fuck about most of that and are more interested in interest rates, the NHS, the Brexit mess etc.

Long May it continue. Most moderate Tories have left the cabinet and most of the senior ministers left are 1% ers and on a different fucking planet. Dom Cummings is a cunt, but he knew how to read the room most of the time 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Ah it's CT isn't it.

Yes, I meant CT. Say sorry

;););) 

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There is such an echo chamber now between the populist Tory policies of the day (immigrants, grooming gangs, trans rights, 30mph zones, electric cars etc) and the right wing papers/GB news lot that report on it, that they're cognitively dissonant to the fact that 80% of the country couldn't give a fuck about most of that and are more interested in interest rates, the NHS, the Brexit mess etc.

Long May it continue. Most moderate Tories have left the cabinet and most of the senior ministers left are 1% ers and on a different fucking planet. Dom Cummings is a cunt, but he knew how to read the room most of the time 

It plays to my dad’s generation. My dad isn’t that bad (although he’s getting worse). A lot of them are insulated from most of the effects of the Tories’ fuck ups economically. Because they don’t have a mortgage to pay and they retired well before they were 60 on silly public sector pensions. Once they’re gone there isn’t a similar generation to replace them because no one else is ever having it so good. Reports of the Tories’ death in the past have been greatly exaggerated but, for this particular brand of what has always been a brigade of utter cunts, they have a very niche appeal. I don’t see people forgetting it in a hurry either because all most people really care about is their own standard of living. The daft old bastards who sit tutting at GB News all day (not my dad but I know a few) are quite literally a dying breed. It’s a fucking shame it’s come to this but just maybe it’s the shake up this country needs. Although not if the press has anything to do with it 

• Like 6