Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Given the geopolitical situation, us finding out that our nuclear deterrent doesn't work can't be great news.

Kemi Badenoch?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

To be fair I bet Russia’s don’t either.

They haven't made quite as public a show as that though. :lol:

I'm pleased Grant Shapps was on board for the test though, the fucking helmet. Seems fitting.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Given the geopolitical situation, us finding out that our nuclear deterrent doesn't work can't be great news.

Always found it a bit odd all the nuclear deterrent for the UK was onboard subs. I know it’s a missile failure but apart from that aren’t we the only nuclear power with that approach? 

• Like 1

Every time I see Atkins on the telly she seems so far out of her depth. This was the case when she had more junior roles, but somehow she's been promoted to Health Secretary.

There can't be anyone watching this that thinks she's impressive.

Fair play to Sally Nugent though, who appears to have had a boob job.

• Haha 2

This has clearly got legs, feels like Starmer is feeding out the rope like he did with Johnson. I think Cleverley is in similar trouble too.

These tories never disappoint. You just know when one scandal dies down, there is another around the corner.

Why does anyone think things will get better for them before the GE? Surely the past few years tells us its only getting worse for them. Which is why I am confident of a wipe out. When it comes to party politics today, my sausage is sizzling. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Am I being deepfaked here?

Definitely deep fake that btw. Everbody knows Rees-Mogg only has bitty milk from his nanny. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

This has clearly got legs, feels like Starmer is feeding out the rope like he did with Johnson. I think Cleverley is in similar trouble too.

These tories never disappoint. You just know when one scandal dies down, there is another around the corner.

Why does anyone think things will get better for them before the GE? Surely the past few years tells us its only getting worse for them. Which is why I am confident of a wipe out. When it comes to party politics today, my sausage is sizzling. 

To your point. This one is coming down the line:

• Like 1

Parliament covering itself in glory tonight. Tories and SNP all stormed out in a huff over procedure so the votes on a ceasefire have been cancelled.

What a fucking embarrassment the lot of them are.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Parliament covering itself in glory tonight. Tories and SNP all stormed out in a huff over procedure so the votes on a ceasefire have been cancelled.

What a fucking embarrassment the lot of them are.

What the fuck has Hoyle done? Has he been caught out being blatantly political? 

He allowed the SNP motion and both the Labour and Tory amendment to be tabled. I think procedure would dictate that once the govt tabled an amendment, it should only have been theirs and the SNP original motion.

It all kicked off from there. Once it became apparent that the Tories were going to sit the vote out, the SNP realised that meant the Labour amendment would pass so they wouldn't be able to vote on their own motion.

At that point the SNP and Tories staged a walkout.

The Labour motion has since passed, the Speaker has apologised, but the SNP are saying his position is untenable.

Real grown up shit basically.

• Like 1

Hoyle claims he has genuine concerns about MP safety and he wanted to table all three motions to allow a full debate to be had.

I mean they were all political game playing and what the Speaker did fucked with the SNP and Tory plan to squeeze Labour. Starmer was apparently facing up to 80 of his party rebelling and voting for the SNP motion if they didn't get a chance to vote on their own.

That plan getting torpedoed by the Speaker caused hell on.

• Like 2

Pathetic, it really is. Like these cunts actually care about Gaza, it's all about party politics. And as if the UK has any agency over this anyway. Netanyahu does not give a fuck and will happily continue his murder spree. Why are we letting this religious poison infect our own politics? 

• Like 2

I'm no fan of Lindsay Hoyle, who is, but he should tell the SNP and tories to "get tae fuck". It's Mordaunt who pulled the plug on the conservative ammendment and who people should be looking at. 

Got to say,  the SNP, obviously laying a bear trap for Labour, trying to sow division no matter what the personal consequences to MPs, They know Labour is an existential threat to them both directly, and indirectly if they wipe out the tories who are essential for Scotland's disenfranchment and therefore the SNP's own existence. Well, they got in bed with the tories last night, great optics there. They can get tae fuck too. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Renton said:

I'm no fan of Lindsay Hoyle, who is, but he should tell the SNP and tories to "get tae fuck". It's Mordaunt who pulled the plug on the conservative ammendment and who people should be looking at. 

Got to say,  the SNP, obviously laying a bear trap for Labour, trying to sow division no matter what the personal consequences to MPs, They know Labour is an existential threat to them both directly, and indirectly if they wipe out the tories who are essential for Scotland's disenfranchment and therefore the SNP's own existence. Well, they got in bed with the tories last night, great optics there. They can get tae fuck too. 

Of course Lindsay Hoyle Labour mp for chorley doing the Labour Party a favour is not dodgy at all

I mean the speaker has to be from one of the elected parties.

If you think Hoyle is bad though, the Tories intend to replace him with one of theirs, so let's see how that goes.

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Came to post this ^ no need now :good: 

They can all indeed get tae fuck. They couldn’t give the tiniest of fucks about the Palestinians, or for the victims of the 7 October :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Of course Lindsay Hoyle Labour mp for chorley doing the Labour Party a favour is not dodgy at all

Yeah, Hoyle has always shown himself to be a labour stooge. :lol:

He's given his rationale, it satisfies me, although I'd rather this wasn't even debated personally. Pure Faux outrage from the SNP over some wording differences to a bill that will make no practiacal difference to a single person on the planet. 

Without electoral reform at Westminster, I am all for Scottish independence personally. But the SNP are currently a complete shit show depndent on the fate of the conservatives to sell their message. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

image.gif.836dfcaaeb5aacde574752c68d2df539.gif

Tories have never polled less than 30% in any GE in their existence, including 1945 and 1997. I am betting the most precious thing I own - my TT political reputation - they will not get 30% this GE. 

• Like 2