Politics

Christmas Tree

I made the mistake the other morning of listening to 5Live again.  They were talking about GenZ.  The chat was basically how they're lazy and not happy to do over time etc.  The CEO of Pimlico said he doesn't employ them and only employs experienced staff as they don't sit on their phones and know how to work blah blah.

Good, your business will soon die then you cunt.

Thankfully someone did call in and said that time and a half, double time etc has all been scrapped in most places now, so why should they work extra for fat cat bastards who give them fuck all back, 

People also have a better understanding of work life balance now too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Thankfully someone did call in and said that time and a half, double time etc has all been scrapped in most places now, so why should they work extra for fat cat bastards who give them fuck all back, 

Aye. 

It’s like comparing apples to a shit sandwich. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I made the mistake the other morning of listening to 5Live again.  They were talking about GenZ.  The chat was basically how they're lazy and not happy to do over time etc.  The CEO of Pimlico said he doesn't employ them and only employs experienced staff as they don't sit on their phones and know how to work blah blah.

Good, your business will soon die then you cunt.

I work for a company with an excellent apprenticeship program and can say without a shadow of a doubt that in the last three years I have witnessed that this is absolute bullshit. Gen Z kids at my place regularly do the site work, work nights, pull in most of the overtime. 

They are quite often the ones that question the "it's always been done this way" crowd and come up with much better ways of working.

This isn't a new phenomenon though, a few years ago I was regularly being told in the press that as a millennial I was lazy and a snowflake, which hurt my feelings so much I almost dropped my phone, at work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

🙂

Did Johnny Mercer used to be in the armed forces? I’m surprised he doesn’t mention it more often 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I work for a company with an excellent apprenticeship program and can say without a shadow of a doubt that in the last three years I have witnessed that this is absolute bullshit. Gen Z kids at my place regularly do the site work, work nights, pull in most of the overtime. 

They are quite often the ones that question the "it's always been done this way" crowd and come up with much better ways of working.

This isn't a new phenomenon though, a few years ago I was regularly being told in the press that as a millennial I was lazy and a snowflake, which hurt my feelings so much I almost dropped my phone, at work.

absolutely my experience too.  The ones who don't seem to graft as hard are the experienced ones who have become disillusioned or just cba lazy cunts.

The two young lads we have at our place are keen as mustard and graft as hard as anyone.  It's a joy tbh working with them.  One of them I have to sometimes not give them projects as I don't want them overloaded and doing silly hours, because he would!

9 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

🙂

I heard the audio for this. Another but Dianne Abbot moment, which made headline news, despite her being nowhere near the key to the treasury. 

Laura Trott, chief secretary to the treasury, doesn't even understand public debt is rising. She should stick to cycling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

My daughters particularly the elder one is more experienced, (they work together), graft their arses off, work too many hours and are taking the piss out of by a cheap skate employer where I occasionally have to stop myself going in and having a chat in person. I genuinely think kids are being encouraged to go along the compliant route as I massively noticed the vibe at their school which was OTT at times. 

• Like 2

The new stuff that's come to light must be pretty heinous cos the previous stuff wasn't great. 

So he'll be on the ballot as a Labour candidate cos it's too late to change that, but they won't be campaigning for him and he'll sit as an independent if he wins. What a mess. 

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Wtf is Ofcom playing at BTW. Rishi Sunak given an hour to present a TV show in the week of two by-elections. 

This cannot be right. 

An hour of that little shitweasel should turn any floating voters well away from the Torys though. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

An hour of that little shitweasel should turn any floating voters well away from the Torys though. 

He’s on GB News so the only floating voters watching are those who think he maybe isn’t enough of a cunt.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

He’s on GB News so the only floating voters watching are those who think he maybe isn’t enough of a cunt.

The kind of floating voters who own white pillow cases but are yet to cut eye holes in them.

On 12/02/2024 at 21:57, ewerk said:

• Haha 3

On 12/02/2024 at 20:07, Gemmill said:

The new stuff that's come to light must be pretty heinous cos the previous stuff wasn't great. 

So he'll be on the ballot as a Labour candidate cos it's too late to change that, but they won't be campaigning for him and he'll sit as an independent if he wins. What a mess. 

People don’t like to talk about it but all those antisemitic tropes / conspiracy theories are rife amongst Muslim communities.