Politics

Christmas Tree

Another desperate flail by a bloke that is just trying anything to move the polls. This won't work because, frankly, people are too worried about their cost of living and the state of public services to indulge the clueless arsehole.

Also who calls a surprise political speech at teatime on a Friday. It's the weekend arsehole, we don't want to hear from you.

• Like 4

“The UK must face down extremists trying to "deliberately" undermine the country's "multi-faith democracy", Rishi Sunak has warned. ”

That’ll be you and your pals then, Gimli? 

You’d almost be tempted to admire the bare-faced cheek of this cunt coming out with a line like that whilst he’s overseen Blobfish and the Rwanda farce, except, that’d be to ignore the decades of damage these utter morons have inflicted on this country,  and the decades it’ll take to put a sticking plaster over that damage, because it’ll never be repaired. 

As it is, it’s being written off as another “WTF?”  Tory moment, when it’s yet another insidious, calculated and callous move to deflect attention from their criminally bad governance. 

I sincerely hope that, in the 5-10 years Labour will get before the Right owned media decide it’s time to bring their pals back, they manage to find evidence and  prosecute this lot for their destruction of our society. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Pretty sad reading.

You get this a lot in "gender critical" circles too. People whose friends and family have, with regret, chosen to cut off contact with them because their batshit obsession with trans people ended up dominating their relationship to the exclusion of all else, and yet they still can't see that they might be the problem. Brainwashed.

This was quite funny though tbf

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Pretty sad reading. This is how it ends for the latest incarnation of Quiff.

Read the NW square, which was enough. 

Think I've said before, but one of my wife's friends went down the rabbit hole during covid. I would have regarded myself as a friend to her and her family too. Now I can only offer the most basics of acknowledgement in terms of contact. Because she believes 8n a ton of shit, including companies that I consult for, such as Pfizer, are mass murderers. There's no way back from that l, how can there be? 

It's a massive problem, which I remember first reading about in the early 2000s. People denying all logic and science, through "research" done on a mobile phone, made possible by science. 20 years later we have Qanon and all manner of insanity. I don't know what the solution is. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Alex said:

What a grifting, weapons-grade cunt Galloway is btw. Happy to poke this hornet’s nest for personal gain. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Renton said:

Sometimes you really need to take a step back and consider how fucked up this government really are. At a time when there is a cost of living crisis with millions living in poverty, social services are in crisis, councils are going bankrupt, NHS waiting lists at record highs, under funded defence with a war in Europe, schools struggling, transport projects cancelled, national debt at a 60 year high, taxation at record levels ... etc.

At this very time, Sunak thinks that spending 1.8 MILLION pounds to deport each refugee to a country with known issues with human rights is good value. And thisis if it happens at all. How can anyone support this madness? 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/mar/01/rwanda-plan-uk-asylum-seeker-cost-figures

• Like 1

I read a while ago it would be more cost effective to put them in 5 star hotels here whilst their applications are resolved than sending them to Rwanda. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Pretty sad reading. This is how it ends for the latest incarnation of Quiff.

The irony. Those stupid cunts wouldn’t know the truth if if slapped them in the face. 

• Like 1

I know I keep posting about this but it really is quite something to see your vote literally die off.

I know Labour spending time in govt could change everything, but I don't really see a load of young people suddenly becoming enamoured with the Tories, so you'd think the 1.36m will repeat itself come the next election.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

The irony. Those stupid cunts wouldn’t know the truth if if slapped them in the face. 

Happy to try

slap slapping GIF

• Haha 1

So, playing around with my BT box, I see I've got an app for GB TV. Got 5 minutes to spare, never seen it, I'm curious enough to put it on. Cuts to this Scottish tramp talking shit. But I think I recognise him, it's Neil Oliver who used to host Coast which I quite liked. So, looked up his profile on wiki and aye, he's an absolute loon. Covid vaccination causes "turbo-cancer" in children apparently. Fucking hell man. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, playing around with my BT box, I see I've got an app for GB TV. Got 5 minutes to spare, never seen it, I'm curious enough to put it on. Cuts to this Scottish tramp talking shit. But I think I recognise him, it's Neil Oliver who used to host Coast which I quite liked. So, looked up his profile on wiki and aye, he's an absolute loon. Covid vaccination causes "turbo-cancer" in children apparently. Fucking hell man. 

Ah aye he's been spouting insanity on there for a good while now.

I missed all this stuff about Truss and Anderson turning up at a Tory fundraiser last night and Anderson getting a standing ovation. :lol:

• Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Aye. He’s a grifter but also disappeared down the rabbit hole a canny while ago. Never really a serious historian or archaeologist but I also enjoyed Coast 

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This nut job is still in the HOC.

That story though. Like he wasn’t a gargantuan cunt pre-covid ffs. She can get to fuck too 

• Like 2

This is brilliant, watching the tories rip themselves apart. Sunak is a snivelling cowardly shit with zero authority. May well end up as being the last ever tory PM as the party ultimately eats itself. I love the fact that he lectures us on democracy ṭoo when he is unelected,  his predecessor was unelected, and his foreign secretary is unelected. 

• Like 3

On 03/03/2024 at 08:59, Renton said:

This is brilliant, watching the tories rip themselves apart. Sunak is a snivelling cowardly shit with zero authority. May well end up as being the last ever tory PM as the party ultimately eats itself. I love the fact that he lectures us on democracy ṭoo when he is unelected,  his predecessor was unelected, and his foreign secretary is unelected. 

I am genuinely looking forward to their wipe out. Although you still have to wonder if that inevitable 25% will still find a way to justify voting for them anyway.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Although you still have to wonder if that inevitable 25% will still find a way to justify voting for them anyway.

• Like 3