Politics

Christmas Tree

I'm no Rayvin, but even I'm getting pissed off at the double standards on display by the west here. Just as well Iran appear to be toothless. On the other hand, apparently they have enough fissile plutonium for 20 bombs which they could make in a couple of years if they wanted to. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I'm no Rayvin, but even I'm getting pissed off at the double standards on display by the west here. Just as well Iran appear to be toothless. On the other hand, apparently they have enough fissile plutonium for 20 bombs which they could make in a couple of years if they wanted to. 

Israel is attacked by Hamas: ‘Israel has a right to defend itself’.

Israel bombs Iran: ‘How dare Iran react to this!’.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Israel is attacked by Hamas: ‘Israel has a right to defend itself’.

Israel bombs Iran: ‘How dare Iran react to this!’.

It’s all linked though isn’t it - Iran back Hamas and Hezbollah. Hamas wouldn’t have been so bold to invade Israel the way they did without Iranian support. Israel and Iran are both to blame for any escalation. 

• Like 1

I’m not painting Iran as the good guys here but Israel’s strike in Iran was a clear escalation that wasn’t really necessary.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m not painting Iran as the good guys here but Israel’s strike in Iran was a clear escalation that wasn’t really necessary.

they’re literally backing the two proxies Israel is fighting 

I don’t even really blame Hamas directly for the October 7 attack. They’re just the puppets. It was Iran pulling the strings. It can all be traced back to Iran/Saudi tensions. Iran wants Israel to become a pariah and weren’t going to stand for an Israeli alliance with the Saudis, so they’ve already achieved their goals to an extent. At what cost, fuck knows 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they’re literally backing the two proxies Israel is fighting 

I don’t even really blame Hamas directly for the October 7 attack. They’re just the puppets. It was Iran pulling the strings. It can all be traced back to Iran/Saudi tensions. Iran wants Israel to become a pariah and weren’t going to stand for an Israeli alliance with the Saudis, so they’ve already achieved their goals to an extent. At what cost, fuck knows 

Agree with all that, plus Netanyahu possibly wanting / needing this to continue even longer, to play to his base. Again - at what cost? 

Been a rash of these posts in the last week. Looks like the Tories that have infiltrated the BBC are getting rid of its flagship news programme which has a tendency to tell the truth about this government. 

And in the run up to an election too. I'm sure it's just a coincidence. 

• Like 4

Does anyone here, apart from Renton, still watch Newsnight? I haven’t seen it in years, it’s on too late for my liking.

She didn't enjoy that. 

But to introduce the story as "it keeps getting pushed and some newspapers are hungry for the story" as if she's just go no choice but to cover it herself. She's dismal. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Hamas are Netenyahu's puppets as much as Irans

Yeah, I would agree with that. In a perverse way Bibi needs Hamas to continue to stay in power in Gaza in order to cling to power himself 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

"Lots of economists" think Truss had the right plan for the economy and also people on the street when she's out canvassing tell her she did the right thing. 

She's an absolute gift to Labour this one. 

Also "It's a smear....... It's a smear......" with this vacant look on her face. Is she on meds or booze here? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Lots of economists" think Truss had the right plan for the economy and also people on the street when she's out canvassing tell her she did the right thing. 

Also "It's a smear....... It's a smear......" with this vacant look on her face. Is she on meds or booze here? 

She's in a safe seat and is unfathomably popular with the party members so don't rule her out as returning as leader. I would literally piss myself laughing if this happens. 

Edit: I honestly don't get how she blames "the left" for her budget disaster when it was the markets that reacted to it and caused the bonds to collapse. She literally cut out "lefty" organisations such as the OBR and OFR when she did this. It's cost me a fucking fortune. 

#

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Gaslighting. But she’s even ineffective at that 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

She's in a safe seat and is unfathomably popular with the party members so don't rule her out as returning as leader. I would literally piss myself laughing if this happens. 

Edit: I honestly don't get how she blames "the left" for her budget disaster when it was the markets that reacted to it and caused the bonds to collapse. She literally cut out "lefty" organisations such as the OBR and OFR when she did this. It's cost me a fucking fortune. 

#

Aye. I think I mentioned before this that I could see her back as leader given she’s going to be one of the few recognisable Tory faces who is still an MP of the polls are even close to being correct. The members are mostly middle aged / old men who fancy her. Which was enough last time. As Sonatine points out she’s loopy, but so are the members 

• Like 3

Aye. The tory member blokes fancy her (decent rack tbf) and the ladies think she looks like Thatcher. Everything else, from being the most hilariously bad political orator of all time, to wrecking the economy in 4 weeks, to being a fucking horrible human being, to being batshit crazy, is just secondary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

#

truss strikes back. nor happy with taking own the uk economy she returns to try to take dow the world before teeing up the final chapter in the series: the return of the anti-growth coalition

51 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. The tory member blokes fancy her (decent rack tbf) and the ladies think she looks like Thatcher.

Also not being brown.