Politics

Christmas Tree

Apart from this being utter bollocks and about as detached from reality as it's possible to get, how these fuckers have the nerve after "chaos with Ed Miliband" is quite beyond me.

• Like 3

I think they’d call an election now if they thought it was that tight. They won’t because they don’t but it’ll just be the latest in their series of “if we keep repeating it, people might start to believe it”. Although the current lot are much shitter at that than Johnson and co were. I’m also not sure how it even works as a tactic. They’re so unpopular I can only see it motivating people who might have otherwise been complacent to vote for whoever has the best chance of winning against them in their area. It’s also another sign of how completely desperate them and their allies in the right wing press are 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think they’d call an election now if they thought it was that tight. They won’t because they don’t but it’ll just be the latest in their series of “if we keep repeating it, people might start to believe it”. Although the current lot are much shitter at that than Johnson and co were. I’m also not sure how it even works as a tactic. They’re so unpopular I can only see it motivating people who might have otherwise been complacent to vote for whoever has the best chance of winning against them in their area. It’s also another sign of how completely desperate them and their allies in the right wing press are 

AYe, I just hope this motivates the anti-tory sentiment.

Also, I genuinely don't think the tories have any ideas, any plan at all. Once a GE is announced, I do expect Labour to release a more positive manifesto and I just think it will get even worse for them. "Stability is change" Reeves was saying today also resonates with me personally. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Apart from this being utter bollocks and about as detached from reality as it's possible to get, how these fuckers have the nerve after "chaos with Ed Miliband" is quite beyond me.

there has been nothing chatoic about the past 14 years of tory rule.

nothing at all. 

nope

image.png.88162ffcd19dc50614f6f11653a6d026.png

Just now, Renton said:

Natalie Elphick has just defected to Labour. :lol:

Shambles. 

Isn't she an immigration nut, patrolling the South Coast looking for small boats? Or am I getting mixed up? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Isn't she an immigration nut, patrolling the South Coast looking for small boats? Or am I getting mixed up? 

Probably as she’s the Dover MP (the same thick cunt who couldn’t work out why she got stick that time - when she turned up to support the sacked P&O workers after having voted for the legislation that allowed it to happen). 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

A example of what I was on about the other day re cost cutting and the cracks that will be everywhere. 

No conflict of interest for the foreign secretary here btw (that’s why they’re meant to be ignoring demands for him to declare his financial interests - it’s all invested in China) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is a bit awks for Sunak at PMQ.

Just piss off you half pint loser. 

Tory benches completely flat. 

Didn’t she get the Dover gig after her husband was banged up for sexual assaultt?..  you’d imagine the people of Dover would be the least likely to vote Labour in the whole of England? 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

• Like 1

The whole fucking charade of this zombie government is beyond parody now. What are they even thinking by just letting what little support they have dwindle away? Just fuck off, man 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Didn’t she get the Dover gig after her husband was banged up for sexual assaultt?..  you’d imagine the people of Dover would be the least likely to vote Labour in the whole of England? 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

That too, yes :lol: 

Well that was shite as usual. :lol:

If Sunak had any hope of his benches supporting him, it disappeared with the Elphicke news. The whole thing was done in near silence. 

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

A example of what I was on about the other day re cost cutting and the cracks that will be everywhere. 

There was a job add I saw some months ago for Home Office iirc "Head of Cyber Security" based in London, salary was £57K. Fuck me, you wouldn't get a decent senior BA for that down there !!!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

She's not gonna stand at the next election, it turns out. 

I think Starmer would have had some splaining to do if they'd fielded her as a candidate at the GE. 

This softens the blow for the left of what is a canny weird defection, but is basically just an exercise in kicking Sunak when he's down. 

• Like 2