The crack at the Rees Mogg ancestral home-

“ Come now Annunziata, you’ve had your silly fun, now come back to the Party and let Jacob get on with his serious work.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/04/bbc-impartiality-precious-protect-election-coverage

BBC trying to defend itself.

I don’t necessarily subscribe to the view that if we get complaints from both sides, we are doing something right – though we do receive roughly equal volumes of audience feedback suggesting we favour opposite sides of the political spectrum.

And to those who have suggested we are somehow cowed or unconfident, let me assure you – we are not.

Will believe that last statement when we see it.

EDIT - also, what the fuck is the one before it. "I don't necessarily believe this but y'know, if you wanted to justify our bullshit and had no critical thinking skills, you could do so like this..."

Fuck off.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

Fair play to Ryvita-Heed. 

This shouldn't be the last time he does it though. They should just empty chair him next week and do more of it. 

• Like 1

He's also refusing to do an ITV debate. I don’t think a PM has ever gone so out of their way to avoid scrutiny as he has. An absolute coward.

Nice, our (collectively, across the country) pressure on the BBC to do it's fucking job is actually yielding some results. Let's see if it works.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fair play to Ryvita-Heed. 

This shouldn't be the last time he does it though. They should just empty chair him next week and do more of it. 

Oof. Was that broadcast? 

You can empty chair someone in a panel setting but to do it in a one on one interview wouldn't make great TV. It would of course make a point but as Neil said, Johnson is under no obligation to appear.

class that by neil last night.

sadly though would've been missed by the profoundly stupid who are about to put their cross next to a tory mp's name for the first time.

doubtless though these same people would've tuned in too see johnson being interviewed by a couple of fellow halfwits, one of who is famous for being a mate of gordon the fucking gopher and the other a stupid tart who may or may not have tongued baby spice.

the country is fucked.

• Like 1

People in food banks saying they’ll vote for Johnson. I’m almost at the stage where I think they deserve what’s coming to them. 

• Like 1

Johnson confirms he isn't doing Andew Neil interview. 

Senior Con source: “The public are fed up with interviews that are all about the interviewer and endless interruptions. The format is tired and broken and needs to change if it is to start engaging and informing the public again.”

:lol:

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

People in food banks saying they’ll vote for Johnson. I’m almost at the stage where I think they deserve what’s coming to them. 

I saw that interview,  from Grimsby if it's the one you mean. Also pictured the bloke, who was morbidly obese, buying chocolate in the benefits shop. Type of editing/framing Gloomy does no doubt. 

Problem is though, how representative really are these vox pops? Plenty of people in his position won't be voting for Johnson but will suffer the consequences any way.

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

these fuckers are actually going to win - what is wrong with this country?

Does the audience reaction not give you hope?

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I saw that interview,  from Grimsby if it's the one you mean. Also pictured the bloke, who was morbidly obese, buying chocolate in the benefits shop. Type of editing/framing Gloomy does no doubt. 

Problem is though, how representative really are these vox pops? Plenty of people in his position won't be voting for Johnson but will suffer the consequences any way.

I’m hoping they’re not too representative and did certainly wonder if it the Beeb’s shite idea of representation by putting equal amounts of each side of the divide on screen. But it doesn’t mean they don’t exist in fairly large numbers and I’m fairly bereft of sympathy for their plight in many cases. I also recognise the right is winning when one comes round to that way of thinking though 

Aye. I've got no time for the angry gammons who tend to be retired and are frankly pathetic. Fuck them. But when I see parents with kids brainwashed by this shit I genuinely feel despair. The tories have been in 10 years ffs. They are the ones that have caused your situation. And you want more of it? 

Just now, Renton said:

Aye. I've got no time for the angry gammons who tend to be retired and are frankly pathetic. Fuck them. But when I see parents with kids brainwashed by this shit I genuinely feel despair. The tories have been in 10 years ffs. They are the ones that have caused your situation. And you want more of it? 

What are they voting for? Is it honestly just a vote on personalities? Because I can't think of any single way in which those struggling would be better off under the Tories than Labour.