Politics

Christmas Tree

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

No one thinks you're doing any of this stuff but a great many of your colleagues clearly are. Curiously, many of the most prominent ones.

Honestly, I was appalled by LK today. Where I work, nothing new is published unless it’s verified by multiple sources. It’s non negotiable. 

Twitter is every news editor’s nightmare because normal checks and balances go out the window. LK doesn’t try to hide her political stripes but I’m amazed how reckless she was today. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Watching this young persons debate thingy. I'm becoming a green scottish Welsh nationalist. The liittle parties did well, not so much Swinson, Raynor, Farage or whoever that Tory weasel cunt was. 

I was very close to voting green. Jonathan Bartlett is standing in my seat. If only they were electable. Perhaps they will be in 5 years. 

What I got most out of that QT (apart from it being relatively watchable because of the lack of gammons) is that, despite the claims to the contrary, the Remain parties (inc Labour, if you can call them that) are still more arsed about petty squabbling than stopping Brexit 

Edited by Alex

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

But if you watched the debate and and news tonight you have to ask, just why? Tories coming across terribly 

Corbyn is shite.

The remain parties are shite.

The media have been shite.

The public are shite.

Keep the faith. We all thought it was done last time too. Has Johnson given an address to a crowd that size once in this campaign? I’m leaning back towards my initial hunch of hung parliament 

17 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

She’s refreshingly honest, comes across like an actual human being, a rare trait among politicians. 

Must be an alien who has not done her research on politicians first, clearly.

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I can certainly blame them for giving an extraordinary amount of exposure to fucking Farage and whichever version of the National Front he’s currently peddling, without balancing it by giving, for example, the Greens an equal share of publicity. 
Everyone, left or right, knows who Farage is. 
I seriously doubt even 20% of the electorate could name the leader of The Greens. 

On the other hand, the more people see him, the less likely they are to vote for him.

I was speaking to someone on Friday night.  They were saying how the Tories are going to fix things thats wrong after Labour.  It wasnt until I pointed out that the Tories have been in since 2007.  First with the Lib Dems, then on their majority.

They just looked shocked.