Politics

Christmas Tree

Jess Phillips is one of the few good things the Labour Party has going for it, but she's not a party leader or a PM. 

Thornberry, Cooper or Starmer are the choices that could win an election. So it won't be any of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was speaking with my Sister-in-law yesterday.  She's a consultant paediatrician and she prescribed a drug for one of the kids in her hospital.  The mother called her and apparently was struggling to get the drug.  She was saying it was a standard drug too, yet we're in short supply of it.

Yet people still vote for these cunts.

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Jess Phillips doesn't have enough vision for it. Not sure who does in fairness but she's very much the kind of pragmatist that the centrists would get behind.

So no help at all, judging by Swinson's performance.

Yvette Cooper I have heard good things about and I think she's smart and capable. Not sure she's radical enough but maybe she could be...

Cooper is a proper politician. Her questioning, whether at PMQs or the home affairs select committee, is forensic. She would have taken Boris to the cleaners in the debates, she would swiftly end the antisemitism row, she could unite the party and is the most electable potential leader Labour have.

But you’re right, the cult is most likely to turn to another unelectable radical, such as Wrong Daily, enabling another decade of Tory rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Jess Phillips is one of the few good things the Labour Party has going for it, but she's not a party leader or a PM. 

Thornberry, Cooper or Starmer are the choices that could win an election. So it won't be any of them. 

She’s refreshingly honest, comes across like an actual human being, a rare trait among politicians. I think she’s great.

Edited by Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Cooper is a proper politician. Her questioning, whether at PMQs or the home affairs select committee, is forensic. She would have taken Boris to the cleaners in the debates, she would swiftly end the antisemitism row, she could unite the party and is the most electable potential leader Labour have.

But you’re right, the cult is most likely to turn to another unelectable radical, such as Wrong Daily, enabling another decade of Tory rule.

As I've said before, Cooper seems what you say but her entire leadership pitch in 2015 seemed to be built on reviving Surestart. 

It would be interesting to see how she'd do now knowing there's an appetite for more among the membership. 

• Like 1

Story floating around that McDonnell will take over on Friday if/when the Tories win majority.

He's just been asked about it and didn't rule it out... 

It's just a shame that the Corbyn problem is going to cost them the election. 

The voter base will collapse for Labour anyway, I would think.

Why any young people would bother retaining an interest in politics after this, I don't know.

I'll be voting SNP or Independance, myself. Whatever comes first.

Edited by Rayvin

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Still one reporter at the BBC who does her job. This is fucking important. Why don't the BBC put this as their headliner, @Dr Gloom?

She's great. And another media early middle age sex goddess. I bet she can say "fuck me harder slave" in the language of all 27 EU member states :)

• Haha 3