Politics

Christmas Tree

That staged photo claim is just... I mean the telegraph has always been a Tory paper but it's interesting to see yet another journalist fail to carry about basic journalistic rigour and just run with utter crap. 

I'm wondering how much more of this there needs to be before people start admitting the media aren't able to function.

It's just so depressing.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That staged photo claim is just... I mean the telegraph has always been a Tory paper but it's interesting to see yet another journalist fail to carry about basic journalistic rigour and just run with utter crap. 

I think you're giving Pearson far too much credit there.

"They work for you" website shows Drax has voted against measures to limit climate change, against various pieces of equality and human rights legislation, against same sex marriage, against proportional representation, against smoking bans, against a higher tax rate for those earning above £150,000, against a bankers' bonus tax, for lower corporate taxes, for lower welfare benefits, for ending educational financial support for any 16-19 year olds and for the "bedroom tax".

Sounds about right. :lol: :jesuswept:

• Like 2

Monbiot breaking an embargo to demonstrate that a collection of newspapers (but definitely not the "MSM") wrote a pack of lies about Labour wanting to introduce a tax on capital gains instead of the idea being reviewed and rejected. IPSO had agreed they all lied but seemed content to prevent the admission coming before the election, hence the embargo.

So that's another conspiracy to misinform the public.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/10/break-embargo-expose-press-lies-labour?

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 2

I read a while ago that morale in the BBC offices was through the floor and tbh I'm not surprised with all the criticism flying around.

I think its important to make one distinction in this in particular though. Your average BBC journalist is probably as ethical and upstanding as Gloom believes them to be. Where they're being let down is by those above them. Those who are presumably earning hundreds of thousands a year and actually stand to lose out under a fairer system...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If the BBC think that when Boris comes for them in a year or two, the educated and middle classes will rally around them, they've another thing coming.

Urghh. Bannable offence imo.

This Ashworth stuff, will it make any difference? Nothing we don't really know already I guess? 

Fair playuh to Peytar. 

BTW @Rayvin, I don't reckon this is over yet. Still a chance of a mental result.

The YouGov MRP is released tonight, let's see what that has to say for itself. 

The reporting of Johnson and the photo yesterday has been much more widespread than I expected - maybe the press have been stung by being played for suckers - and that will definitely land with people who are wavering. 

• Like 3

I'm gonna go with the Tories on an 8-10 point lead on Yougov and suspect that will hold up on election day.

No one is going to change their minds because of that kid. Everyone voting Tory knows exactly what they're voting for and doesn't care because they're either cunts, or Brexit cultists.

on the today programme they went to my home town of washington tyne & wear, which, if the sample of people they spoke to is to be believed, is going to overwhelmingly vote tory. 

you know, the same washington where the nissan factory and supply chain are the biggest employers. 

Image result for suicide gif"

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Never realised you were a Mackem , Gloomy. :lol:

technically, a mackem, i'm sure, in stevie's eyes, brought up south of the river. but growing up there, it was an even 50 v 50 split of newcastle and sunderland fans - it literally felt like no man's land. 

and i felt zero allegiance to sunderland. neither parent was from the area and newcastle was where i spent my weekends, never sunderland. it was just as much a shithole back in the 80s as it is now. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

technically, a mackem, i'm sure, in stevie's eyes, brought up south of the river. but growing up there, it was an even 50 v 50 split of newcastle and sunderland fans - it literally felt like no man's land. 

and i felt zero allegiance to sunderland. neither parent was from the area and newcastle was where i spent my weekends, never sunderland. it was just as much a shithole back in the 80s as it is now. 

I’m just winding you up man :lol:

My old man is from Washington.