Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Mind, to look at it another way, Labour "only" polled 11% less than the tories, 13.9 million vs. 10.3 million votes, difference 3.6 million. It's a lot, but out of a voting population of 46 million maybe less than you'd think. 

 

Also many will have lent their votes to other parties.

 

Just checked the Labour forum on Facebook and Starmer looks popular. Along with JLB though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

Also many will have lent their votes to other parties.

 

Just checked the Labour forum on Facebook and Starmer looks popular. Along with JLB though.

 

RLB? If she gets the gig that's the party finished imo. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tom said:

My vote will be going to Mr 3 Series simply because he's so devilishly handsome...and competent. 

 

Agree, BUT. What about the shadow cabinet? Huge lack of quality imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's going to be a woman next time isn't it? one of thornberry, cooper or phillips would be ok. 

i fear the membership will go for wrong daily, and remian unelectable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It was indeed staggering. Almost as staggering as shouting 'No surrender to IRA!' at Ingurland games and being so determined to not surrender to them that they inevitably said fuck Northern Ireland when the complexities of Brexit and the good Friday agreement came up. Almost as if they didn't have a clue/give a fuck about the IRA/keeping Ulster British after all?

That’s just facts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's going to be a woman next time isn't it? one of thornberry, cooper or phillips would be ok. 

i fear the membership will go for wrong daily, and remian unelectable. 

 

What about Bridget Philipson?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Bagsy foreign secretary, I fancy some travel and affairs with furrins. 

Was talking to someone down in Whitehall and there was a big kick off when the FCO stopped the policy of all international travel being by business class. Apparently they still have the best staff restaurant though.

Edit : that was for all FCO civil service staff btw. 

Edited by Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Renton said:

 

Agree, BUT. What about the shadow cabinet? Huge lack of quality imo. 

Agree about the lack of talent & what's worse they're going to be up against a tory government who've fixed the rules & suppressed the vote of the poorest. I cant see a way out. I really can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Minister for Women’s Affairs please. 
 

 

 

:naughty:

Chat up lines include - can I introduce you to the Right Honourable Member? 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom said:

Agree about the lack of talent & what's worse they're going to be up against a tory government who've fixed the rules & suppressed the vote of the poorest. I cant see a way out. I really can't. 

 

Don't despair just yet. If they don't let Scotland go then we have one final chance at this in 5 years. The price will probably be Scottish independence so we literally only get one shot.

 

The Tories are still useless, and a non useless Labour leader could make the difference. If they get in, bring about PR, change press rules, then we can stop this happening ever again.

 

Brexit is a poisoned chalice still. It just depends on what Labour does next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

Don't despair just yet. If they don't let Scotland go then we have one final chance at this in 5 years. The price will probably be Scottish independence so we literally only get one shot.

 

The Tories are still useless, and a non useless Labour leader could make the difference. If they get in, bring about PR, change press rules, then we can stop this happening ever again.

 

Brexit is a poisoned chalice still. It just depends on what Labour does next.

Go 

To

Fucking

Bed. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Renton said:

 

Agree, BUT. What about the shadow cabinet? Huge lack of quality imo. 

That’s partly because of Corbyn and him largely selecting those closest to him as well as many backbencher being unwilling to work under him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×