Politics

Christmas Tree

Understandable really as the Lib Dems would be massacred.

They either need some big public interest point to flounce on or hang on.

Labour should really be getting their act together just in case, but they still seem very tired to me. No excitement about them at all as opposed to 97.

I think anything but Tory rule for this and the next term will just lead one fuck of a bigger mess.

• 3 weeks later...

Politics could be about to get interesting again. Talk of Lib Dems trying to save their necks before the next election by ditching Clegg this summer. This in itself would probably lead to a coalition split.

Add to that Osborne hanging by a thread after a kicking from the institute of directors.

Politics could be about to get interesting again. Talk of Lib Dems trying to save their necks before the next election by ditching Clegg this summer. This in itself would probably lead to a coalition split.

Add to that Osborne hanging by a thread after a kicking from the institute of directors, and stubbornly sticking to a failing financial strategy.

:aye:

Aye, lets put Ed in charge of the nukes :lol:

Ed+Miliband+-+spilling+tea.jpg

I know, I mean in hindsight it was probably an error to have the Nuclear Launch process revolve around manual dexterity, but now that it is... whaddyagonnado? :dunno:

:rolleyes:

fwiw, I wouldn't give any politician the tv remote, let alone the facility to end life on this planet as we know it.

Did anyone see Bridget's in depth interview in the Journal a couple of weeks back? The Sunderland South MP mentioned all of her hobbies and interests yet failed to mention the NUFC season ticket she used to own. Proper politician now our Bridget like, she'll go far.

Guest CabayeAye

Red Ed is coming to my work soon and I'm down as someone he'll be having a chat too. Anyone got any questions you'd like me to ask?

Any chance of cutting the crippling welfare bill and making it more economical to work rather than sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle?

Oh, wait, no he won't because he would instantly lose his whole voting base by doing that.

Guest CabayeAye

He could always try and increase the welfare bill by fucking the economy and making millions more unemployed. Oh wait.....

There are fucking loads of jobs out there. There really is no excuse for being unemployed. It's just that some people are too lazy/stuck up to work as a cleaner/factory worker/bin man and think that stuff is below them when the reality is they are too thick/too much of a cunt to work in a white collar job.

Funny how all of these qualification free immigrants come over here and walk into a job...

There are fucking loads of jobs out there. There really is no excuse for being unemployed. It's just that some people are too lazy/stuck up to work as a cleaner/factory worker/bin man and think that stuff is below them when the reality is they are too thick/too much of a cunt to work in a white collar job.

Funny how all of these qualification free immigrants come over here and walk into a job...

No, there isn't.

Edited by ADP

They don't any more, especially in areas of deprivation. There are obviously not enough jobs at the moment as a simple google search will tell you, especially for younger people. There are about 70 applicants for each graduate job, but it's much worse than that in some cases.

Tell you what though, tell me why unemployment has dramatically risen since the coalition got in power. Do you seriously think it is because of a sudden lack of motivation in the workforce or do you not actually think there might be less jobs around? Whose to blame in either case? The welfare burden was less under Labour and that's also true historically, yet you blame them.

They don't any more, especially in areas of deprivation. There are obviously not enough jobs at the moment as a simple google search will tell you, especially for younger people. There are about 70 applicants for each graduate job, but it's much worse than that in some cases.

Tell you what though, tell me why unemployment has dramatically risen since the coalition got in power. Do you seriously think it is because of a sudden lack of motivation in the workforce or do you not actually think there might be less jobs around? Whose to blame in either case? The welfare burden was less under Labour and that's also true historically, yet you blame them.

Unemployments going down.

Unemployments going down.

Not by much and not in the provinces. It's sky high compared to what it was prior to this government. And you're the one who says the cuts haven't even really started yet.

Guest CabayeAye

Thatcher - totally fucked the economy by closing down everything except financial services. Started this whole mess off.

Labour - Dished out huge benefits to everyone and created a huge national debt.

Coalition - No balls to do anything. Lots of hot air, but zero action.

Lib Dem - Would take us back to the stone age if they got into power.

The problem is not individual parties, it's the whole way our parliament is conducted. Proportional voting coupled with short terms power that no-one takes a long term view and every parliament is formed to serve the next one an utter shit sandwich. All this has done is create a nation of feckless morons by taking away empowerment and giving people an entitlement mindset. This means each party only serves the now majority of useless lazy chavs by giving what they want (free money, mindless media, tell them they're great) whilst leaching off the dwindling working class who now graft till they die to keep the proletariat in tabs and TV.

It's the opposite of what capitalism used to be, and it's totally fucked. Might as well give up trying, because the only thing that is rewarded these days is uselessness.