Politics

Christmas Tree

I think it's going to hit Labour as they are refusing to drop it. If that's the case then it's job done by the Torygraph.

I'm not sure what it's supposed to achieve either way because the SNP would never support a minority Tory government (and biggest overall party looks like their best possible outcome). It would be electoral suicide for them to prop up a Cameron led coalition.

The "narrative" in the media seems to what a joke Ed Miliband is. What does that say about a Tory Party which has consistently struggled to poll better? That's a rhetorical question, CT.

The standard was a classic yesterday stating how the non-dom thing would almost destroy London.

Tbh I don't really care whether it raises or costs money - it's about stopping cunts taking the piss.

The standard was a classic yesterday stating how the non-dom thing would almost destroy London.

Tbh I don't really care whether it raises or costs money - it's about stopping cunts taking the piss.

Free headphones for all is Alex's election winner. I shall certainly vote for him as my MP. Think that he didn't really understand the "green" party's manifesto when signing up for them mind.

The "narrative" in the media seems to what a joke Ed Miliband is. What does that say about a Tory Party which has consistently struggled to poll better? That's a rhetorical question, CT.

That's not really a narrative, its more of a consensus. A narrative would be an explanation (based on loosely connected concepts, facts, ideas) of why he is a joke that is repeated by multiple sources.

If you're going into politics, its important to be clear about these things.

In all seriousness (and maybe because i only read the Guardian), i thought Miliband was making good progress over the last week of so.

Free headphones for all is Alex's election winner. I shall certainly vote for him as my MP. Think that he didn't really understand the "green" party's manifesto when signing up for them mind.

It's a game changer

Edited by Alex

The bar being set so low for him has certainly helped.

I didn't see the debate but from what I read I think its easy to see why Cameron was so reluctant to have multiple chances for people to see that maybe Milliband isn't quite the joke they're trying to establish.

I did read the Times yesterday. Finkelstein was giving Martin Freeman grief for saying that Labour are the party of compassion and fairness. It was written as a letter as a reply of some sort (possibly to a party political broadcast) and incredible for its self-delusion. Impossible to find and post now.

On the same note, Its frustrating to see the non-dom arguments being countered by the (probably incorrect and definitely over-stated) fiscal arguments.

Kelvin McKenzie's take on Freeman in the Sun is worth nothing, if only for getting the phrase "Bilbo Baggins, more like Bilbo Bollocks" into print.

CBmR8XlXIAArPjC.jpg