Politics

Christmas Tree

in all the years I listed Labour would have won comfortably without a single scotish seat. You're simply ignoring history. Britain has never and will never be a one party state.

Howdy man, you were following Thatcher, up against Hague and Howard. But for the crash you would still be in power.

It's going to take a calamitous chain of events for Labour to get back in. It wouldn't surprise me at all if UKIP didn't push Labour into third place at the next election.

Howdy man, you were following Thatcher, up against Hague and Howard. But for the crash you would still be in power.

It's going to take a calamitous chain of events for Labour to get back in. It wouldn't surprise me at all if UKIP didn't push Labour into third place at the next election.

'You' only just scraped a majority man. :lol:

UKip are as much a problem for the conservatives, if not more, than Labour. I think they are an irrelevance now though once they lose the referendum. Labour's problem this time, other than Scotland, was the shift from lib dems straight to Tory which I admit I didn't forsee.

Anyway, it's far from predictable.

'You' only just scraped a majority man. :lol:

UKip are as much a problem for the conservatives, if not more, than Labour. I think they are an irrelevance now though once they lose the referendum. Labour's problem this time, other than Scotland, was the shift from lib dems straight to Tory which I admit I didn't forsee.

Anyway, it's far from predictable.

Well I think you are wrong about UKIP. In the North they have become the 2nd party. There's a hell of a lot of working class people switching to them.

Blair was a once in a lifetime politician. The unions won't let that happen again.

Well I think you are wrong about UKIP. In the North they have become the 2nd party. There's a hell of a lot of working class people switching to them.

Blair was a once in a lifetime politician. The unions won't let that happen again.

Well see, I still think they took more support from the Tories though (and beat them in 2 by elections). Which of I'm right and they are a temporary phenomenon is good news for the conservatives.

Anyway I'm going into political hibernation for 4 years. Was quite funny how people were avoiding me at work on Friday as if I was going to go postal or something. But with the football as well I think its maybe not that implausible. :)

Can anyone still honestly say that they've been missing CT around here?

I think he's been surprisingly measured if I'm honest. Inside he's obviously bursting and his cock is probably red raw by now but he's nowhere near as bad as last time. ;)

Well see, I still think they took more support from the Tories though (and beat them in 2 by elections). Which of I'm right and they are a temporary phenomenon is good news for the conservatives.

Anyway I'm going into political hibernation for 4 years. Was quite funny how people were avoiding me at work on Friday as if I was going to go postal or something. But with the football as well I think its maybe not that implausible. :)

Don't go into hibernation ffs. It's going to be an extremely interesting period in politics, possibly the most interesting....... In my lifetime.

You should be here arguing your case and pointing out what you don't agree with.

Personally I think the Conservatives will reign back on a lot of the tougher stuff they said they were going to do.

I think he's been surprisingly measured if I'm honest. Inside he's obviously bursting and his cock is probably red raw by now but he's nowhere near as bad as last time. ;)

:lol:

Yes, I'm being sensitive to the general (misguided) view on here.

Don't go into hibernation ffs. It's going to be an extremely interesting period in politics, possibly the most interesting....... In my lifetime.

You should be here arguing your case and pointing out what you don't agree with.

Personally I think the Conservatives will reign back on a lot of the tougher stuff they said they were going to do.

Cheers, I think.

It is an interesting period in politics, to be sure. But since last election I have got 2 kids, changed to a more stressful job which doesn't let me post, and am currently renovating a house. Life gets in the way and I've decided to jettison the things that make me most unhappy and maximize the stuff that makes me most happy. So that's footy and politics gone. ;). Will always love reading this place though.

Let's put an ex lawyer with no education experience in charge of education.

Idiotic, although surely she can't be as horrific as Gove? Who is now in charge of Justice. Any other profession and he'd be on the dole.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/teachers-speak-out-over-nicky-morgans-reappointment-as-education-secretary-10239170.html

Let's put an ex lawyer with no education experience in charge of education.

Idiotic, although surely she can't be as horrific as Gove? Who is now in charge of Justice. Any other profession and he'd be on the dole.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/teachers-speak-out-over-nicky-morgans-reappointment-as-education-secretary-10239170.html

As an ex lawyer I think she's probably got a hell of a lot of experience in education :lol:

UKIP are definitely dead and buried. And wake up CT, the Tories were the 2nd party in all three Newcastle seats. Even though the tactic of picking out individual gaffes was extremely unfair, UKIP will never be able to shake the fact that the vast majority of them are just massive idiots/racists/xenophobes, and for every reasonable policy they announce, they had two other insane ones in the locker. The only way UKIP could possibly have any influence is if PR was introduced, and ironically it never will be because of this election - the previous graphic shows quite clearly that PR only rewards extremists - if we had PR today we would be looking at a Con-UKIP coalition, which is insane.

UKIP are definitely dead and buried. And wake up CT, the Tories were the 2nd party in all three Newcastle seats. Even though the tactic of picking out individual gaffes was extremely unfair, UKIP will never be able to shake the fact that the vast majority of them are just massive idiots/racists/xenophobes, and for every reasonable policy they announce, they had two other insane ones in the locker. The only way UKIP could possibly have any influence is if PR was introduced, and ironically it never will be because of this election - the previous graphic shows quite clearly that PR only rewards extremists - if we had PR today we would be looking at a Con-UKIP coalition, which is insane.

Quite bizarre you say UKIP are dead and buried following the growth in support over the last few years. They will get quite a few seats 2020.

Reckon Mako might be right on this one. UKIP's raison d'etre is this referendum on Europe. If the Tories have it and we vote out, why would anyone except the extremists vote for UKIP again? They'd have achieved their objective.

If we vote to stay in, then they might rumble on - but they'd be entirely without legitimacy, as the country, as a majority, will have rejected their view. Support will fall away as people voting for them currently realise that an escape from Europe isn't going to happen, and that voting for other parties will better influence their lives.

The only scenario I can see for them hanging around is if they start distancing themselves from the Europe question and putting a real effort into talking about their other policies in the run up to it while they still have people's ears.

Another good move by Cameron to be honest, he'll kill UKIP altogether with this referendum.

Quite bizarre you say UKIP are dead and buried following the growth in support over the last few years. They will get quite a few seats 2020.

They really won't like. This was their best chance and they won ONE seat. They don't have the political infrastructure to better this.

Eh? What would UKIP even be standing for in 2020? Do you not think there will have been an EU referendum before then? That is after all the only reason the party exists in the first place, if it's not just a vehicle for the racist protest vote.