Politics

Christmas Tree

There's a clarification to that effect at the bottom of the article. The point is less the timing of the announcement, more the nature of the proposal though, surely.

Tony Blair summed it up perfectly...

"A traditional Labour Party took on a traditional Conservative Party with the traditional result".

A traditional Labour Party would have been anti austerity so he couldn't be more wrong. Miliband's labour was only marginally to the left of the tories, something you have already said in this thread.

Aye I know him. He ran the Yes Scottish Borders campaign for the referendum. Good lad. He'll do well. Really pleased he got elected.

Didn't know till Friday that I've met his mother a few times and know his uncles well, one of them was my techie drawing teacher, who was also a close friend of my late uncle. All his mum's side of his family are from the same village as my old mans family. He was knocking on doors there at Easter when I was up visiting, think he's turned my English mother native :lol:

New Labour overlords quick to knife Milliband...

Miliband made 'terrible mistake' in ditching New Labour, says Mandelson
It's the mark of an ocean going cunt to kick a man when he's down...

Getting behind Chukka Ominous. Ticks all the boxes. Hates old Labour, never had a job, public school, half -black, expensive watch, posh accent, shaved head, big ET telegenic eyes, caught altering his own wiki to inc Obama, the demena of a cunt, Notting HIll mafia. No wonder Labour are dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJvdK_WRa28

Edited by Park Life

Getting behind Chukka Ominous. Ticks all the boxes. Hates old Labour, never had a job, public school, half -black, expensive watch, posh accent, shaved head, big ET telegenic eyes, caught altering his own wiki to inc Obama, the demena of a cunt, Notting HIll mafia. No wonder Labour are dead.

He was my front runner however this Leicester Liz woman whose announced she's running could be Labours Sturgeon. Also the ex special forces guy is getting a good sounding.

Not that any of it will make any difference. Scotland will be gone by 2020 so looks like Conservatives forever.

He was my front runner however this Leicester Liz woman whose announced she's running could be Labours Sturgeon. Also the ex special forces guy is getting a good sounding.

Not that any of it will make any difference. Scotland will be gone by 2020 so looks like Conservatives forever.

Erm what about 1997, 2001, and 2005?.

Anyway, you should, but obviously don't, know that politics doesn't work like this. Parties will adopt to take advantage of the changes. In this case politics will probably become increasingly right wing. So don't worry, although you won't get your wet dream of a permanent conservative party you're going to get what you want anyway.

So Cameron saved the union just to knife Labour?..... "ah hae ma doots"...

Holyrood elections next year, but a vote to allow another referendum after the "once in a lifetime" gig last year still has to go through Westminster.... I really don't know what the Tories have in store for for Scotland in the next 5 years but I don't think he wants to see the end of the union...just yet anyway.....

:lol:

I like Burnham but middle England wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, a gobby scouser.

Erm what about 1997, 2001, and 2005?.

Anyway, you should, but obviously don't, know that politics doesn't work like this. Parties will adopt to take advantage of the changes. In this case politics will probably become increasingly right wing. So don't worry, although you won't get your wet dream of a permanent conservative party you're going to get what you want anyway.

The difference this time is Labour is wiped out in Scotland and the boundary changes will give the conservatives an extra 20 seats.

It's not impossible Labour gets back in at some stage, however it will require ......

1. A return to blairite policies

2. Catastrophic fuck up from the conservatives.

3. Being able to win back voters who have switched to UKIP.

4. The English voters being at ease with a labour / SNP coalition.

So Cameron saved the union just to knife Labour?..... "ah hae ma doots"...

Holyrood elections next year, but a vote to allow another referendum after the "once in a lifetime" gig last year still has to go through Westminster.... I really don't know what the Tories have in store for for Scotland in the next 5 years but I don't think he wants to see the end of the union...just yet anyway.....

He should offer them full fiscal authority. This would mean the SNP having to raise taxes, increase austerity or mount up massive debts. The Scottish public may then realise the myth Sturgeon is pedalling.

With the current "handout" from Westminster Sturgeon can do the nice stuff but blame the shit stuff on Westminster. As soon as that is no longer possible the other parties will recover.

in all the years I listed Labour would have won comfortably without a single scotish seat. You're simply ignoring history. Britain has never and will never be a one party state.