Politics

Christmas Tree

"I was speaking to Sarah, a nurse working in Manchester, and she is convinced that I could beat you in an arm wrestle. Will the Prime Minister do what is right for the country and throw down with me?"

I own a Phone and use an App

At the same time, May isn't exactly a formidable thinker.

Two things I was just mulling over:

1 - The Lib Dems were kicked to fuck in the last election. I would imagine all will be forgiven now. Who did they primarily lose seats to? Surely the people who voted away from them last time will go back to them this time.

2 - The working class won't abandon Labour for the Tories. So where do the Tories pick up their majority from? I could see UKIP picking up seats, but the Tories?

the libdems have a chance of regaining some of the marginals they lost in the west country. the tories will clean up in middle england, the majority of whom want a hard brexit to take back control and keep the darkies out. labour will retain some of their historic northern/welsh seats but i can't see them clawing anything back under corbyn. their deficit is only going to widen. tories could end up with a majority of around 100 seats 

There's no incentive for a gradually recovering Lib Dem party to let themselves be tarnished by any association with Corbyn.

Saving the country is no incentive? If it came down to a choice between keeping us in the EU in some form (which is what they've been campaigning on) and 'avoiding being tarnished by Corbyn' I think I know which way they'd go. Since they'd be betraying their voters otherwise.

the libdems have a chance of regaining some of the marginals they lost in the west country. the tories will clean up in middle england, the majority of whom want a hard brexit to take back control and keep the darkies out. labour will retain some of their historic northern/welsh seats but i can't see them clawing anything back under corbyn. their deficit is only going to widen. tories could end up with a majority of around 100 seats 

But from who? Who are they taking these seats from? If this is a single issue election, as it will inevitably become, who wakes up in a Labour or Lib Dem seat and says 'you know what, I'm going to vote for May'.

At least that's how it should go. In reality, people are fucking stupid so you're probably right. 

Sturgeon!

Well Scottish Independence is more popular in the rest of the UK than it is in Scotland so you might be onto something there.

Labour are already down to their core seats. They won't lose any of those. Lib Dems will get back 25 odd seats from Tories. May has fucked up. Lot of these polls are about Corby popularity and voting intentions based on vague pledges. That is all out the window now. Forget the polls. Brexit will be the key issue. Battle of Britain has begun.

Edited by Park Life

I hope you're right - and I can see it you know, that this could be a misstep. But everything we've seen in politics in the past year or so suggests that every time the chance comes up, Turkeys vote for Christmas.

I honestly reckon the Tories will win more seats from Labour and everyone else will get about the same amount of seats as they currently have. There have been lots of mad things happening over the last few months but they've all been shit

2 - The working class won't abandon Labour for the Tories. So where do the Tories pick up their majority from? I could see UKIP picking up seats, but the Tories?

The Tories have tried to paint themselves as the party of the working man and have had some success in doing so. It wouldn't beyond the realm of possibility that significant numbers of working class voters go from red to blue.

I hope you're right - and I can see it you know, that this could be a misstep. But everything we've seen in politics in the past year or so suggests that every time the chance comes up, Turkeys vote for Christmas.

The turkeys will be voting for Christmas, make no mistake about that. I'm almost tempted to join them to make sure they all what they want (deserve).

I own a Phone and use an App

I honestly reckon the Tories will win more seats from Labour and everyone else will get about the same amount of seats as they currently have. There have been lots of mad things happening over the last few months but they've all been shit

It'd have to be Labour but can you imagine it though? It'd be as if Brexit has become such an all consuming force that literally no one in poor communities thinks that the Tories have any culpability whatsoever.

Dark fucking times.

The Tories have tried to paint themselves as the party of the working man and have had some success in doing so. It wouldn't beyond the realm of possibility that significant numbers of working class voters go from red to blue.

At least they'd be fighting for them with UKIP, a party who you would think has to go all out. Maybe they can poison the well against the Tories a bit...

At least they'd be fighting for them with UKIP, a party who you would think has to go all out. Maybe they can poison the well against the Tories a bit...

If UKIP actually placed Brexit above their own ambitions then they'd agree to not field candidates in close winnable seats for the Tories. Of course their own self interest will win out and they'll help Labour by splitting the arsehole vote with the Tories.

Saturn returns big time. Around the 3rd of June it will be unopposed in the sky that will show like two moons. The force will be aligned.

''Saturn is the Lord of Karma. Retrograde motion is a time when karma is sorted out. Therefore, Saturn retrograde is a double dose of karma. Karma is a form of energy that is very real. Like Saturn, it is very closely bound to time.

Past, present, and future blur into one. If you have been bad in the past, then at a certain predestined time, an event will occur to teach you a lesson. If you been good in the past, then at a predestined time, an event will occur to reward you for your good deeds. With Saturn in retrograde motion, the karma will relate to how responsible you have been in the past.

Saturn retrograde 2017 takes you on a journey from deep despair to euphoric highs. This karmic roller coaster ride starts in a very bad place with Venus square Saturn. I consider this depressing aspect among the most challenging of all planetary aspects. To make matters worse, this sadness and loss is made more painful by having both planets in retrograde motion and both with unfortunate fixed stars.

However, even before Saturn stations direct, two of the very best aspects provide light at the end of the tunnel in the Saturn retrograde chart. Satun direct heals the pain and sets up an optimistic future. Karmic balance is found as debts are repaid. Everyone can move on toward emotional happiness and successful relationships.

Before I go into more detail about Saturn retrograde 2017, I will talk about Saturn retrograde in the natal chart and then the general meaning of Saturn retrograde in transit.''

http://astrologyking.com/saturn-retrograde/

Edited by Park Life