Politics

Christmas Tree

You're assuming turnout is the same. It won't be, and it won't be in favour of Remain.

Surely if it's a single issue election and the issue is brexit, then the high turnout of the referendum will be replicated among those that want to exit and see it at risk.  Low turnout will be among disaffected labour voters that want to remain and not given a strong leader other than Corbyn.

Surely if it's a single issue election and the issue is brexit, then the high turnout of the referendum will be replicated among those that want to exit and see it at risk.  Low turnout will be among disaffected labour voters that want to remain and not given a strong leader other than Corbyn.

Disagree, but only because I don't think Brexit was actually about Brexit. It was a pressure venting exercise and a general lashing out at the establishment IMO. I don't know if I see the same sorts of people who voted for that, coming out to support the sitting government in achieving it's aims. Entirely different proposition. They'd be backing the establishment, not attacking it.

Edited by Rayvin

Saturn returns big time. Around the 3rd of June it will be unopposed in the sky that will show like two moons. The force will be aligned.

''Saturn is the Lord of Karma. Retrograde motion is a time when karma is sorted out. Therefore, Saturn retrograde is a double dose of karma. Karma is a form of energy that is very real. Like Saturn, it is very closely bound to time.

Past, present, and future blur into one. If you have been bad in the past, then at a certain predestined time, an event will occur to teach you a lesson. If you been good in the past, then at a predestined time, an event will occur to reward you for your good deeds. With Saturn in retrograde motion, the karma will relate to how responsible you have been in the past.

Saturn retrograde 2017 takes you on a journey from deep despair to euphoric highs. This karmic roller coaster ride starts in a very bad place with Venus square Saturn. I consider this depressing aspect among the most challenging of all planetary aspects. To make matters worse, this sadness and loss is made more painful by having both planets in retrograde motion and both with unfortunate fixed stars.

However, even before Saturn stations direct, two of the very best aspects provide light at the end of the tunnel in the Saturn retrograde chart. Satun direct heals the pain and sets up an optimistic future. Karmic balance is found as debts are repaid. Everyone can move on toward emotional happiness and successful relationships.

Before I go into more detail about Saturn retrograde 2017, I will talk about Saturn retrograde in the natal chart and then the general meaning of Saturn retrograde in transit.''

http://astrologyking.com/saturn-retrograde/

https://youtu.be/9RGSy7Np7p8

:boogie:

The supermarket bulletin board will be scanned.

This has me creased every time. I'm actually going to be in the U.K. for this one and for a while before it because I guess I didn't hit my election bollocks quota in the last 12 month with the shit show over here. At least it's a lot less faff on back home.

Need to hide Diane Abbot away like the Tories did with Ian Duncan Smith but watching the one o'clock news and there she is! Cruella de May blatantly appealing for the brexit vote and Corbyn not mentioning it all. Hard to see things getting even worse but it's not looking good.

:lol:

Think it was closer to 24 months tbh. US do democracy so well they want to do it ALL the time, not this 7 week bullshit once in a blue moon.

:lol: Closer to the truth aye, maybe if I'm lucky by the time I get back they'll be starting the stuff going for the senatorial or congressman ones that are coming up in 18 month or so. This is my life now I guess.

Hope Jezza has a shave for the debate and finds a shirt that's been ironed. 

Think that's about the extent of the aims we can set for him.

I now have an image of him rocking up to the debate like sandra bullock in miss congeniality

Hope Jezza has a shave for the debate and finds a shirt that's been ironed.

Think that's about the extent of the aims we can set for him.

:lol: Disheveled "man of the people" worked over here. But aye the bloke needs to tidy himself up a bit ffs. Edited by Howay

Labour will kill Labour off. I've just watched Corbyns attempt at Churchills "fight them on the beaches" speech from yesterday and it was fuckin hideous. Tbh if you had a smooth talking 40 something with a 1st class degree in PPE whos never had a real job wearing a good suit saying the same things the uk electorate wouldn't listen to them either. The Torres are trying to wander into the Labour heartlands that voted en masse for Brexit loudly proclaiming " vote for us and we will indeed lead you into your promised land " ....not that tricky to see what will happen tbh.

Tbh if you had a smooth talking 40 something with a 1st class degree in PPE whos never had a real job wearing a good suit saying the same things the uk electorate wouldn't listen to them either.

I think you're wrong on that point. The electorate want to be charmed and to be lied to.

The thing is I hear people asking who'd replace Corbyn. Almost anyone would be a better choice - Abbott and McDonnell aside.

Labour have a history of picking losers. Jezza is a walking disaster. I liked Ed but he was patently the wrong choice. Kinnock did a good job of modernising the party so I'll hold back on him. But then you have the Foot debacle which is strikingly similar to what's happening now.

In some ways I think Labour need to start again and rebuild for the post-Brexit world. I do think they need to be very careful in how they approach the leadership election in the summer, though. Corbyn might try to hang on since the PLP won't nominate any other far left candidate (the current leader is automatically on the ballot). In that case they'd be best off finding a better unity candidate than Owen Smith and running them against Corbs. Yvette Cooper is making a good pitch at the moment (and I voted for her in the first place). Dan Jarvis or Keir Starmer look like good options too.

Edited by rogerbarton

I think you're wrong on that point. The electorate want to be charmed and to be lied to.

Yeah that's true but they don't want to believe labours "lies"They want to believe there's an alternative to what they've been dished up for the last 30 years, but they've been manipulated into thinking that Brexit is the cute all. And Corbyn is so airy fuckin fairy about it he'll barely mention in the campaign.

The thing is I hear people asking who'd replace Corbyn. Almost anyone would be a better choice - Abbott and McDonnell aside.

Labour have a history of picking losers. Jezza is a walking disaster. I liked Ed but he was patently the wrong choice. Kinnock did a good job of modernising the party so I'll hold back on him. But then you have the Foot debacle which is strikingly similar to what's happening now.

In some ways I think Labour need to start again and rebuild for the post-Brexit world. I do think they need to be very careful in how they approach the leadership election in the summer, though. Corbyn might try to hang on since the PLP won't nominate any other far left candidate (the current leader is automatically on the ballot). In that case they'd be best off finding a better unity candidate than Owen Smith and running them against Corbs. Yvette Cooper is making a good pitch at the moment (and I voted for her in the first place). Dan Jarvis or Keir Starmer look like good options too.

If they go back to the centre they'll lose members hand over fist. Maybe they won't care about that I suppose, but I suspect the reality is that it'd hit their budgets (Especially since the army of members they have is keeping them on a level footing with the Tories).

I intended to vote for Cooper the first time around before ultimately deciding that I preferred Corbyn's policy positions. She would be a good choice though. Problem is that if you accept that Labour have to go back to being full on Neolib, who else do they have left of any real merit?