Politics

Christmas Tree

That would probably work, I grant you. For a generation at least. Maybe every couple of generations you need to bomb them so that living memory carries the threat of not submitting to the status quo. Alternatively, we can try and make positive change - controversial way to go of course. No money in it for those at the top.

It hasn't worked in all of human history, but who knows, maybe this time.

(I'm quite enjoying this Social Injustice Warrior lark.)

Hasn't it? Are...are we still living under feudalism?!?

And yes, I can tell :lol: I'm not sure this is a recognised SJW issue though. Actual improvements to people's lives through addressing economic inequality isn't something they'd be interested in, as they're part of the bourgeois middle classes ;) They're all about divide and rule.

You sound like a Tory though :D

Hasn't it? Are...are we still living under feudalism?!?

And yes, I can tell :lol: I'm not sure this is a recognised SJW issue though. Actual improvements to people's lives through addressing economic inequality isn't something they'd be interested in, as they're part of the bourgeois middle classes ;) They're all about divide and rule.

You sound like a Tory though :D

Anything anyone disagrees with is an SJW issue.

I was messing around too tbf. I didn't actually mean you were a Tory ;)

Never knowingly gone into coalition with one either, but then I did go to a plate-glass university.

:lol:

I was messing around too tbf. I didn't actually mean you were a Tory ;)

He really is one though. Finds Mrs Brown's Boys hilarious but hates the tv license, doesn't see why he should have to pay for post-natal care when it could funding away from vital research into hair loss and erectile dysfunction. 

Hides it all behind this pleasant facade, but honestly, when he thinks nobody's paying that much attention he mutters Daily Mail headlines under his breath

He really is one though. Finds Mrs Brown's Boys hilarious but hates the tv license, doesn't see why he should have to pay for post-natal care when it could funding away from vital research into hair loss and erectile dysfunction. 

Hides it all behind this pleasant facade, but honestly, when he thinks nobody's paying that much attention he mutters Daily Mail headlines under his breath

I'll take most slurs against my name but that is where I draw the line. :huff:

Beyond the pail. It's even got prime time slot. who the fuck watched that shit? Brexiteers mainly, I bet. The humourless middle England wankers.

:D It's beyond the pale btw. It refers to the bit of Ireland near Dublin, i.e. the English Pale, that was under direct English control. Amazingly I remember that from A-Level history. It's got nowt to do with buckets ;)

factoid of the day 2: the expression "sleep tight" comes from the old georgian beds that used stretched rope for the bed base, which had to be pulled tight to ensure a good night's sleep. 

( i recently visited a preserved georgian house/museum in bath)

Sounds like an urban myth that one. Like 'Dead Ringers' being about bells in coffins. Had a look and the OED seems to back that up, saying it's an archaic use of the adverb tightly meaning 'soundly, properly, well, effectively'. Bobby McFerrin didn't commit suicide while I'm at it