Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think this section from the article I linked sums it up for me:

Now as I say, this whole business has been a nonsense. Even if there were genuine anti-Semitic content in the mural, so what? It was years ago, and it was very clear that Corbyn’s comment was not meant as a defence of anti-Semitism. Now, how is a passing comment that Corbyn made six years ago on a bit of bizarre artwork suddenly so important that it takes priority over the Local Elections, over Conservative laundering of Russian finance, over Tory and pro-Brexitgroups getting potentially-illegal help from Cambridge Analytica, the fantastic fraudulence of Jeremy Hunt’s untrue ‘pay-rise’ for NHS workers, the suspicious-looking miracle of only three people getting exposed to a lethal nerve agent in Salisbury and all of them so slightly that somehow none of them are dead almost a month later, the never-ending Brexit chaos, rampant child poverty… ? Good grief, I reckon even the ball-tampering scandal by the Australian Test Cricket team should rate as more of a priority than this!

You know the article was written by a Corbyn fanatic right?

Why is it headlining with all the other shit that's going on? There's an agenda man, they're just trying to pull him down with the only guns left in the arsenal that might work on him - the identity politics howitzers. Aided and abetted by the 'centre left' who 1) don't give a fuck about anti-semitism unless they can weaponise it - I note with interest that fuck all was done about this wave of anti-semitism in Labour in the pre-Corbyn era - and 2) seem to be landing the blows against Corbyn that the Tories can't.

Poor judgement maybe but I ended up thinking the same thing as he allegedly did, and I'm still struggling to see how the people who don't look at large nosed bankers and see 'Jews' are the ones who are racist. As you said before, I guess I'm just not 'educated' enough with racist tropes.

9 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You know the outrage is being written by anti-Corbyn fanatics, right?

I don't care who it was written by. The logic stands.

10 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I think it makes fair points though. It's not like there's not lots of other agendas going on either. I'm hardly that pro-Corbyn either (neither is Rayvin, joking apart).

Just now, Rayvin said:

You know the outrage is being written by anti-Corbyn fanatics, right?

I don't care who it was written by. The logic stands.

The outrage is definitely being written by ant Corbyn people unfortunately there is definitely anti semitism within Labour and Corbyn is a very weak leader who doesn't know what to do about it as it seems to come from his side.

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

"Personally I don't see race and anyway some black people do have big lips and wear bones through their noses"

Ah so you're insinuating I'm racist now because I looked at that mural and saw neo-liberal white guys oppressing the world instead of Jewish guys. My anti-establishment bias has presumably gotten the better of me with this as honestly, that's all I saw. But given that Corbyn has a similar anti-establishment bias, I can see why he ended up in the position he did.

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

The outrage is definitely being written by ant Corbyn people unfortunately there is definitely anti semitism within Labour and Corbyn is a very weak leader who doesn't know what to do about it as it seems to come from his side.

I agree with this but I think the idea the right isn't far more racist is laughable (not suggesting that's your standpoint, rather the way things are being presented from a lot of quarters). A council candidate Holocaust denier is seemingly just as newsworthy than some pretty unpleasant anti-Islamic stuff from a Tory MP?

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Not disagreeing that he's weak, or that what anti-semitism there is will come from far left conspiracy nuts. But I don't believe for a second that he is anti-semitic. And I believe this is a manufactured outrage that they've sat on for maybe years, waiting for a moment to hit him with it.

• Like 1

Tells me they're worried about Corbyn. Imagine a younger, more charismatic and more competent version? They'd wipe the floor with the current shower in government. Shame really

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I think this section from the article I linked sums it up for me:

Now as I say, this whole business has been a nonsense. Even if there were genuine anti-Semitic content in the mural, so what? It was years ago, and it was very clear that Corbyn’s comment was not meant as a defence of anti-Semitism. Now, how is a passing comment that Corbyn made six years ago on a bit of bizarre artwork suddenly so important that it takes priority over the Local Elections, over Conservative laundering of Russian finance, over Tory and pro-Brexitgroups getting potentially-illegal help from Cambridge Analytica, the fantastic fraudulence of Jeremy Hunt’s untrue ‘pay-rise’ for NHS workers, the suspicious-looking miracle of only three people getting exposed to a lethal nerve agent in Salisbury and all of them so slightly that somehow none of them are dead almost a month later, the never-ending Brexit chaos, rampant child poverty… ? Good grief, I reckon even the ball-tampering scandal by the Australian Test Cricket team should rate as more of a priority than this!

As I said yesterday, why has there been no mention at all from Corbyn on CA? 

I dunno, because he seems to prefer focusing on issues close to him rather than the latest outrage? I agree it's a missed opportunity that exposes his lack of political savvy.

It’s a bit more than an outrage. The winning groups illegally conspiring in the most important vote of our generation? It deserves some sort of attention from the silver bearded cunt.

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I dunno, because he seems to prefer focusing on issues close to him rather than the latest outrage? I agree it's a missed opportunity that exposes his lack of political savvy.

Corbyn strikes me as a man that doesn't like to step out of his comfort zone, so even if he recognises failings and weakness in the opposition he'll avoid calling them out as it's not a matter particularly close to his heart.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s a bit more than an outrage. The winning groups illegally conspiring in the most important vote of our generation? It deserves some sort of attention from the silver bearded cunt.

Let me ask you, honestly - is the fallout from the CA stuff going to change anything at all? Cos from where I'm sitting, it's gonna result in fuck all. It'll hang around for a bit and then be usurped by the next big scandal that won't actually affect the established political actors in the least because the press are more concerned about drummed up charges of anti-semitism than they are about anything remotely important.

I don't care at all about the CA thing because fucking nothing will be done about it. But yes - Corbyn should be raising it. If nothing else, it's a line of attack. Will him raising it change anything though? Will it fuck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Corbyn strikes me as a man that doesn't like to step out of his comfort zone, so even if he recognises failings and weakness in the opposition he'll avoid calling them out as it's not a matter particularly close to his heart.

I agree.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Let me ask you, honestly - is the fallout from the CA stuff going to change anything at all? Cos from where I'm sitting, it's gonna result in fuck all. It'll hang around for a bit and then be usurped by the next big scandal that won't actually affect the established political actors in the least because the press are more concerned about drummed up charges of anti-semitism than they are about anything remotely important.

I don't care at all about the CA thing because fucking nothing will be done about it. But yes - Corbyn should be raising it. If nothing else, it's a line of attack. Will him raising it change anything though? Will it fuck.

:lol:

Fuck me. Of course nothing is going to happen because of it if the leader of the opposition doesn't even bring it up on an open platform. Jesus wept. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Fuck me. Of course nothing is going to happen because of it if the leader of the opposition doesn't even bring it up on an open platform. Jesus wept. 

You and I both know, that the leader of the opposition not raising it, is not why nothing will happen. It would be dismissed by May probably with some biteback about anti-semitism, the whole house would erupt in juvenile roaring, the Guardian and the Independent would report it as a 'major victory' for Corbyn and then.... fuck all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It won’t change the outcome of the referendum but if it can be proven that Johnson and Gove were aware of it then yes, it can change plenty. And if the pressure leads to criminal charges against those that involved then all the better.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It won’t change the outcome of the referendum but if it can be proven that Johnson and Gove were aware of it then yes, it can change plenty. And if the pressure leads to criminal charges against those that involved then all the better.

I would love that to happen. But it won't.