Politics

Christmas Tree

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Why do GPS appear to earn more than junior doctors working in a hospital? Given the 9-5 hours they do you’d think it’d be an easier job.

Isnt it because a GP is a fully trained doctor and a junior is still training?

Junior doctors are simply those who haven't been promoted to consultant AFAIA. So they could doctors with twenty years experience.

Most of the GPs in my local clinic are in their 30's.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Junior doctors are simply those who haven't been promoted to consultant AFAIA. So they could doctors with twenty years experience.

Most of the GPs in my local clinic are in their 30's.

It's rare to remain a registrar for 20 years except for the most popular fields (surgery). GPs have my utmost respect. Incredibly difficult job and no way is it 9 to 5 with the volume of paperwork. There's a crisis of GP recruitment in this country for a reason. Pay is modest for salaried GPs, it's only when they become partners they get pay equivalent to consultants. This doesn't always happen. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

Why do GPS appear to earn more than junior doctors working in a hospital? Given the 9-5 hours they do you’d think it’d be an easier job.

GP's are at Consultant level really in respect to the level of training for each post. Our Consultant at work is in is 30's too. Plenty of Consultant's in hospitals work 9-5 too

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So do they earn the same as their hospital equivalents or not?

They might, but they're not on an equivalent scale. General practice is not part of the NHS. Individual practices are essentially independent with money coming straight from DH according to practice size and QoF indications. Salary is dependent on whether you are a partner of the practice or salaried employee. The former will typically take home 80k plus, the latter 50k. Which is pretty low, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

They might, but they're not on an equivalent scale. General practice is not part of the NHS. Individual practices are essentially independent with money coming straight from DH according to practice size and QoF indications. Salary is dependent on whether you are a partner of the practice or salaried employee. The former will typically take home 80k plus, the latter 50k. Which is pretty low, imo. 

Ah right, that's a bit clearer.

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He manages to surprise me time and time again :lol:

POTUS having a "Im harder than you" argument over twitter

The irony is he'll be soft as shite.

Ok i had no idea what was wrong with that at first. Wealthy white guys playing monopoly on the backs of the poor and minorities. Sounds about right and is totally standard fare for the current art scene.

Then it turns out that they are meant to be wealthy Jewish guys? And then we have antisemitism in the mix, and cardinal sins being committed.

Curious though, are the individuals portrayed specific people or just random stereotypical 'jews'. If specific people, are they all Jewish? Are they actually wealthy white guys who made money off the backs of the poor?

Need more info really.

Wouldn't Parky just have backed the antisemite angle and said it was true? I'm asking for someone to explain to me if those men are actually meant to be Jewish. Cos honestly, it might just be that I'm checking on my phone or whatever, but they just look like rich white guys to me.

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Wouldn't Parky just have backed the antisemite angle and said it was true? I'm asking for someone to explain to me if those men are actually meant to be Jewish. Cos honestly, it might just be that I'm checking on my phone or whatever, but they just look like rich white guys to me.

C7E1B1AD-838E-468C-AD6B-580D04FB8A9E.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't know what religion well-known industrialists Karl and Groucho Marx practised, but I defo see them.

30 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

C7E1B1AD-838E-468C-AD6B-580D04FB8A9E.jpeg

Well I haven't noticed. I can see the references to the Illuminati, freemasons and the NWO but that's not a Jewish specific phenomenon. Who are the men depicted?

OK look, I just went and researched it myself - they're not specific individuals, and the artist claims to have depicted white and Jewish bankers as a criticism of the class system etc etc, but that it wasn't intended to be antisemitic. I rather suspect that it was intended to be antisemitic based on that comment, as I don't see the need to have 'white and jewish'. Why not just 'bankers'.

If there was a single Star of David on there, I would probably concede this point. But to me, they just looked like rich white men running the world and crushing the rest of us. Does it make me anti-semitic that I haven't assumed these men were Jewish?

Edited by Rayvin