Politics

Christmas Tree

Well I think we can say that's pretty much his major failing. Combine that with stubbornness and a lack of awareness that he's not this great intellectual and you pretty much have a softer spoken, left wing Trump.

The thing is some are too focussed on the news generated by the Westminster bubble. Outside of this he is still hero worshipped and if there was an election tomorrow he would romp home.

The press doesn’t have the impact it once had over voting intentions. I drive all sorts around and no one has ever brought up anti semitism.

I don’t think the far left can fix anything but I have no doubts Corbyn will be PM within a year.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The thing is some are too focussed on the news generated by the Westminster bubble. Outside of this he is still hero worshipped and if there was an election tomorrow he would romp home.

The press doesn’t have the impact it once had over voting intentions. I drive all sorts around and no one has ever brought up anti semitism.

I don’t think the far left can fix anything but I have no doubts Corbyn will be PM within a year.

I mean none of the polls agree with you but hey, you're a taxi driver so you obviously know best.

52 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It isn't just the press though, it's his failure to react to or counter the press narrative.

i blame the mainstream media, which as we all know is controlled by the jews

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It's almost like a successful leader needs mass appeal ;)

It's a tightrope at times - as I've said on brexit, even setting aside his personal view he has to try and placate both broad types of labour voters - metropolitan remainers and "Northern" leavers. 

I accept he's generally poor at it though. 

18 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's a tightrope at times - as I've said on brexit, even setting aside his personal view he has to try and placate both broad types of labour voters - metropolitan remainers and "Northern" leavers. 

I accept he's generally poor at it though. 

It's always the case but perhaps more than ever. I just don't think he's particularly cut out for it. Agree with Rayvin about this being a massive opportunity missed. Whatever his intentions (and I believe Corbyn's are good) if he can't unseat a Conservative government that's as hated and as incompetent as this one then he's essentially doing much more harm than good to the country by remaining leader.

if he genuinely wanted to govern he would at least try to manage the media narrative. corbyn's lacks of leadership and pragmatism is to blame for how the anti-semitism row has rumbled on. he could have killed the story if he wasn't so pig-headed

On 15/03/2018 at 22:49, Rayvin said:

Questions being raised about how likely Russia is to be behind the attack. Credible sounding people as well, like the guy involved in site visits to decommission the thing in the first place, and other chemwep experts. So clearly there are some people besides Corbyn who think that this isn't yet fully conclusive.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/15/uks-claims-questioned-doubts-emerge-about-source-of-salisburys-novichok

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45421445

Need any more evidence, Thomas? A picture of Putin handing them the vial of novichok perhaps?

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45421445

Need any more evidence, Thomas? A picture of Putin handing them the vial of novichok perhaps?

I needed an actual investigation and evidence before a response, in accordance with international agreements.

If that investigation concludes that the Russians did it, great. Pretty sure this was also Corbyn's position.

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm pretty sure you know that because you are corbyn. that first line sounds like exactly what jezza would have said at the time

Because it was. I remember it clearly.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm pretty sure you know that because you are corbyn. that first line sounds like exactly what jezza would have said at the time

He can't be Corbyn, he knows how to say sorry.

No he won't.

At some point, I'm going to have to read some manner of detailed explanation as to why that statement is anti-Semitic. I could understand "Jewish people having a homeland is a racist endeavour" being a problem, but not "Israel".

More importantly though, the dumbfucks who have done this - presumably - are on Corbyn's side in the whole thing. And now they're just causing him problems. I wouldn't be surprised if it was May herself who ran around putting them up.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

No he won't.

At some point, I'm going to have to read some manner of detailed explanation as to why that statement is anti-Semitic. I could understand "Jewish people having a homeland is a racist endeavour" being a problem, but not "Israel".

More importantly though, the dumbfucks who have done this - presumably - are on Corbyn's side in the whole thing. And now they're just causing him problems. I wouldn't be surprised if it was May herself who ran around putting them up.

Are you trying to be obtuse, Israel is the Jewish people having a homeland.