Politics

Christmas Tree

I have no idea. It's nothing to do with religion for me anyway. To me iIt's the BBC (amongst others) looking the other way on the likes of the Yemen bus bombing then showing Corbyn holding a wreath at a cemetery. Despite having lots of good in him he's  an appalling leader, there's no question of that and he's left himself open to these accusations because of it, but as I said, it's not a good look for a state funded broadcaster seeing as Hodge's daughter has apparently only  recently been parachuted into her position at the BBC. 

Because recently  there's aparentlty been a lot of it going on at the BBC. Ex senior figures at the daily mail and sky news have been appointed and there's been an alleged shift to the right in editorial stance accordingly, Today on R4 has come in for particular criticism. I think it's fair to say  people with agendas will try to control media. Whether it's going on to any great extent at the BBC I have no idea. But, it doesn't look good from where I'm standing. Am sure the good doctor gloom will be along in a minute to tell me I'm a fuckin wacko so don't worry too much about it :D

This lady has worked as a journalist at the BBC for at least five years. The term 'parachuted' in this context makes it sound like she was given a cushy job because of who her mother is. That doesn't appear to be the case here at all.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I'm only doing it for the pro-Tyrone bias in the national news.

If I hear one more word about how fucking great Tyrone is I'm going to start bombing the place.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45271286

It's hard to argue with much of this. Whether it's workable or not is another thing but in principle it seems a solid proposal.

I agree with windfall taxes, of all the things we really need to spend money on however, journalism should not be at the top of that list.

It's not top of the list but it isn't the only thing Labour are proposing to increase spending on. It is a vital part of any democracy though in helping hold those in power to account.

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Has he flounced again? Or perhaps it’s finally sunk in that he got Brexit spectacularly wrong. I think he’d flounce again before admitting that mind

Not at all :lol:

Just chilling in the Lakes. 

And of course we’ll get a deal.