Politics

Christmas Tree

Fuck me, he really did almost make prince Andrew look good. 

Why couldn't Corbyn say sorry for antisemitism? Why are people who say Rothschild and Israel control the world still in Labour (and not dealt with, as he said?) Why did he stand on stage with antisemites? 

It’s a must watch for everyone who has asked me why I think there is an AS problem in the Labour Party and anyone still grappling whether Corbyn has failed on the issue. Absolutely dire performance.

bastani :lol:

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

?

I despise everyone aligned with the alt right, right up to and including Sargon. My enduring issue is that these people are now being listened to more than people in your profession are. As we can see from the utter clusterfuck of British politics.

I was just teasing, just googled it and it was Ben Shapiro, I’m not even sure if you like him or not but his views are similar to Sargon.

Amusing that you think these people are taken seriously 

Shapiro accused Brillo of being some sort of centrist pansy iirc :lol:

Corbyn should’ve just said Labour would borrow the money for tthe waspi women. Silly fuckers in all parties should start to try to  tell the truth. The public quite like honesty even if they don’t like what they hear. Corbyn’s said his position on AS so many times a monstering from AN is irrelevant. He feels there’s nothing for him to apologise for, Same as Ken Livingstone. Silly cunts. For a man given to conciliation by nature it seems a bizarre thing to make a stand on to say the least. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Shapiro accused Brillo of being some sort of centrist pansy iirc :lol:

Corbyn should’ve just said Labour would borrow the money for tthe waspi women. Silly fuckers in all parties should start to try to  tell the truth. The public quite like honesty even if they don’t like what they hear. Corbyn’s said his position on AS so many times a monstering from AN is irrelevant. He feels there’s nothing for him to apologise for, Same as Ken Livingstone. Silly cunts. For a man given to conciliation by nature it seems a bizarre thing to make a stand on to say the least. 

He was just clueless. Brillo isn’t there to hear about your policy platform. He is there to tear you apart and he has done his research and knows where the holes in the argument are. You’re absolutely right - just be honest, or pragmatic. How much better would have come across of he just said, “yes, I’m sorry for AS in the Labour party. Yes, we will have to borrow to pay for waspi women, yes I’ll protect the country from terrorists”

just play the fucking game!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I was just teasing, just googled it and it was Ben Shapiro, I’m not even sure if you like him or not but his views are similar to Sargon.

Amusing that you think these people are taken seriously 

Taken seriously by you? No. Taken seriously by leave and Trump voters. You bet.

I mean, keep ignoring it but they're fucking loving where the world is right now.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I sincerely doubt many Brexit voters know who Sargon is. Same goes for Trump voters and Shapiro 

He's followed by over a million people and has now been interviewed by the BBC amongst other outlets. Like it or not, he has clout with the brainless.

I know you hate the guy and are determined to minimise him, in part because he represents part of a wider threat to traditional media, but rationally he is a contributory problem and increasingly so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He's followed by over a million people and has now been interviewed by the BBC amongst other outlets. Like it or not, he has clout with the brainless.

I know you hate the guy and are determined to minimise him, in part because he represents part of a wider threat to traditional media, but rationally he is a contributory problem and increasingly so.

Yeah, you’ve nailed it, I feel threatened by him :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah, you’ve nailed it, I feel threatened by him :lol:

He's part of a threat to the media, not you. Unless you're speaking on behalf of "they" in which case fair enough ;)

Edited by Rayvin

Agree with those that said the Brillo treatment is unlikely to influence many voters, with one exception. The stuff that may torpedo his chances is likely to be the admission on tax (ie that those on less than 80k will pay more tax because of scrapping or married couples allowance)

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He's part of a threat to the media, not you. Unless you're speaking on behalf of "they" in which case fair enough ;)

I speak for “them” - you are a hoot, Rayvin 

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Another point of view...

I think it's entirely incorrect to attempt to bundle together the problems of far left anti-semitism with far right racism and attempt to blame both of them on the aftermath of the Brexit result. The motivations of both are very different and I see little reason that the Brexit result caused a spike in anti-semitism. It also ignores the fact that anti-semitism in the Labour party was acknowledged prior to the Brexit vote and the Chakrabarti enquiry had already been launched at that time.

Both sides have problems with racism. Both sides have failed to deal with their problems effectively. One side's problem has been amplified by a hostile media.

It's also fair to say that most people expect it from the Tories while Labour are held to a higher standard.

Right, nerd boy has downloaded the voter registration figures. 

Since the election was announced on 29 October, 3.85m people have registered to vote. 2.58m of those are in the 18 to 34 age range. 

That can't have been properly factored into any of the polling yet, so there's still scope for a big surprise on the 12th/13th.