Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Actually, lots of people care about it, which is why it’s newsworthy. Just as they care islamophobia in the Tory party. 

The difference is we expect the Tories to be racist. That’s what they do. 

People may do. The press do not.

I don't think there is anything you can say at this point to persuade me otherwise tbh. The press have been a disgrace on this.

Being inherently pacifist isn’t a bad thing- if he believes that engaging in discussion with “terrorists” can result in peaceful resolutions, what’s the problem? 

The Good Friday agreement, which the Tories seem hell bent on pissing all over, would never have happened without engaging terrorists. 

Edit; His handling of the Anti-Semiitism issue has been fucking woeful though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s not the only thing that sticks, there’s his refusal to press the nuclear button, sympathising with terrorists etc. I’m amazed we haven’t heard more of those attacks, particularly in the debates. 

Because they don't stick. At least nowhere near as well.

The idea that you've got to be bang up for nuclear war to be a leader SHOULD be fucking idiotic. The "OMG he can't even say he would melt half the planet" reaction is what's wrong, not Corbyn's apprehension. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Being inherently pacifist isn’t a bad thing- if he believes that engaging in discussion with “terrorists” can result in peaceful resolutions, what’s the problem? 

The Good Friday agreement, which the Tories seem hell bent on pissing all over, would never have happened without engaging terrorists. 

i don't disagree with him but they are two of his obvious weaknesses which stick with a lot of voters. a more savvy leader would play the game. they went after him on both issues a lot more last time around. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

People may do. The press do not.

I don't think there is anything you can say at this point to persuade me otherwise tbh. The press have been a disgrace on this.

"the press". yes, sorry, it's just one big collective MSM that say and think exactly the same, i forgot. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

"the press". yes, sorry, it's just one big collective MSM that say and think exactly the same, i forgot. 

It would be harder to think that if they stopped acting like it.

Just now, Renton said:

Danger for the tories if they press this too hard is that it will expose their own racism and islamophobic issues. And there are a lot more voting muslims than Jews. 

If a similar thing came up for the Tories it would be a footnote in the media and forgotten in a few hours.

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Actually, lots of people care about it, which is why it’s newsworthy. Just as they care islamophobia in the Tory party. 

The difference is we expect the Tories to be racist. That’s what they do. 

I'd also say that more tory voters hold racist views and its a lot less likely to put them off voting for them. 

I know a lot of traditional working class labour voters tend towards racism but not as many as tory voters. 

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

If a similar thing came up for the Tories it would be a footnote in the media and forgotten in a few hours.

All the leadership candidates agreed on live national TV to hold an enquiry into islamophobia yet they've all happily sat by while it's been diluted into an investigation on racism in general and put on the back burner. Meanwhile there's barely been any mention of it from Gloom's lot.

• Like 2

Can someone explain the Corbyn antisemite stuff? I get that some old school Labour members have posted antisemitic stuff on social media, and subsequently been dealt with by the Labour party. What else is going on?

I see the bint off countdown banging on, and Boris' mates using it as a stick to beat Corbyn with (whilst turning a blind eye to their islamaphobia). Corbyn has publicly denounced anti semitism on many occasions AFAIK?

Edited by Kid Dynamite

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Can someone explain the Corbyn antisemite stuff? I get that some old school Labour members have posted antisemitic stuff on social media, and subsequently been dealt with by the Labour party. What else is going on?

I see the bint off countdown banging on, and Boris' mates using it as a stick to beat Corbyn with (whilst turning a blind eye to their islamaphobia). Corbyn has publicly denounced anti semitism on many occasions AFAIK?

It’s just a MSM conspiracy 

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A summary of it on Wikipedia  

Other than resigning, I don’t see what else he can do? 

* puts on tin hat. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s just a MSM conspiracy 

Its a fair question though Gloomy. 

You’ve said yourself that you don’t think he’s Anti-Semitic, what would you want to see/hear from him to settle the issue? 

James Brokenshire getting a mailing on islamophobia on Politics Live right now.

Asked to respond to the Muslim Council of Britain had to say about the Tories this morning he began responding with ‘Well I think what the Chief Rabbi said about Labour was very worrying’.

No cunt from either of the main parties are prepared to accept any responsibility.

Expect Jo Swinson to come out this evening to denounce all Catholics as nonces just so she doesn’t feel left out.