Christmas Top Tips

catmag

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to Tesco on the way home, so I'm gonna get some lime marmalade and join in the Fish family tradition. Haven't had it in years.

You'll never look back.

Don't copy the other things like my sister mopping up gravy with the ball of stuffing in her clutches, or my dad reading out lengthy passages from the book of quotes he's got from my sister.

Fish, do you really still get a stocking?

Yup.

Not something I'm bothered about and if I didn't, I wouldn't miss it. One of the sisters takes traditions very seriously though; decorations have to be in the same place each year, she took a fit when I ignored her protests introduced champagne, roast parsnips, cranberry sauce into the days menu. She genuinely still had my dad read "T'was the night before Christmas" to her when she was well into her teens... I was round at the Astley Arms getting good and pissed with my mates, she was at home having a bed-time story. :lol:

Yup.

Not something I'm bothered about and if I didn't, I wouldn't miss it. One of the sisters takes traditions very seriously though; decorations have to be in the same place each year, she took a fit when I ignored her protests introduced champagne, roast parsnips, cranberry sauce into the days menu. She genuinely still had my dad read "T'was the night before Christmas" to her when she was well into her teens... I was round at the Astley Arms getting good and pissed with my mates, she was at home having a bed-time story. :lol:

I've just read that to the bairn. It's the first year where it's just me and him and he's snoring away merrily already. He told me earlier that Santa says that "You shouldn't get up too early - only once it's light outside" I swear this child was sent by angels :wub:

I've just read that to the bairn. It's the first year where it's just me and him and he's snoring away merrily already. He told me earlier that Santa says that "You shouldn't get up too early - only once it's light outside" I swear this child was sent by angels :wub:

Lucky bugger. I just had to tolerate a very tired 3yr old who was that in "hyper but knackered" mood. Safe to say Uncle Dave isn't his favourite family member.