Christmas Top Tips

catmag

She's an excellent cook tbh, I always dive in the kitchen and play sous chef , and, over the years, I've managed to sneak in little things like pancetta in with the sprouts, honey roast carrots etc so that Christmas Dinner is now a thing of beauty :lol:

There's also a shitload of booze gets done in, in the most genteel, relentless way possible :lol:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be in Glastonbury with the lass and her family. Not sure I'll be cooking anything, but I'll offer out of courtesy. Realistically I hope to be sedated in a corner off of wine and baileys as per usual at Christmas. :D

Going to make up some Christmas canapes - boozy dates stuffed with mascarpone & pistachio. Bit of chutney won't go amiss either so will make that too!

Cause little one armed kids in vietnam are doing their wrapping bro.

Poor urchins use their toes to reach for sellotape while holding a flap?

If i worried about foreign kids I wouldn't be an iPod using, Adidas wearing, Primark* socked, uninformed diamond buying scumbag.

*See they've been skinning live rabbits? :(

Time to roll out my slimming world ferrero rocher, festive edition!

Take last recipe (crushed ryvita and Nutella combined) and a dusting of icing sugar :)

usyvaqe3.jpg

e4umu6ep.jpg

Deeeeeelicious.

lord have mercy, stop :lol:

CT, you've got to stop zooming in. Your food ends up looking like medical mysteries. I'm half expecting Charlton Heston to be in the background of your next one, investigating your kitchen.

Ideally with a gun.

I always cook the Turkey on low overnight, quick blast at higher temp first thing and it's done and out of the way before everyone's even outa bed. Never failed yet.

Oh and as was said above always stuff under the skin, I also cover the whole thing with a layer of streaky bacon.

Toonpack's stuffing:

Portion good pork sausage meat

Skinned Richmond Irish sausages (8) Cheap, but they work.

Tin chopped ham and pork (blitzed)

All mixed together then add:

Breadcrumbs

decent glug of Lemon Juice

Milled Black Pepper - lots of it

Mixed herbs, when you think you've added enough, add some more.

Beaten egg to bind the fucker

Finely chopped onion optional (I don't, as some of the family don't like it, weirdo's !!!)

Mix the whole lot up and stuff away. I tend to do a double lot, half covers the bird the other half I cook like a meatloaf in a tin lined with streaky bacon, ideal for slicing and turkey/stuffing butties.

Of aye, I cheat on some of the veg, sprouts especially, get the prepared bags from M&S, pierce bag microwave in 4 mins or so, drop into serving dish whallop on a bit of butter and they are bloody tasty

Edited by Toonpack

Like a lot of us I tend to watch some of the Foody Christmas shows, see something that looks great, think Id love that and then just end up with the same old stuff!

Is anyone else making something they don't normally do?

This year I would like to crack sprouts. Par boiled and then pan fried seems the key, either with chestnuts, pancetta or toasted almonds.

I also quite like the look of this home made cranberry sauce. (Although it does seem a tad extravagant ).

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2010/dec/20/how-to-cook-perfect-christmas-dinner

Juice of 1 orange, plus zest of ½ orange

210g caster sugar

450g fresh cranberries

2 tbsp port