Sewers

Christmas Tree

Does anybody actually have any knowledge of them? When I start to think about them my head hurts in the same way as when I think about the infinite universe.

I understand it leaves the house and joins another bigger sewer in the street, but we live at the bottom of a hill with only fields behind us so what forces it uphill? Then there are hundreds of houses in the same boat trying to force their shit up hill.

I then imagine it somehow getting to a fuck off size pipe under the main road in the village. By now we are talking thousands of houses worth and I know of no sewage works nearby. How and where does it travel too.

Genuinely fascinated by this and hoping we have a sewage guy on board.

Does anybody actually have any knowledge of them? When I start to think about them my head hurts in the same way as when I think about the infinite universe.

I understand it leaves the house and joins another bigger sewer in the street, but we live at the bottom of a hill with only fields behind us so what forces it uphill? Then there are hundreds of houses in the same boat trying to force their shit up hill.

I then imagine it somehow getting to a fuck off size pipe under the main road in the village. By now we are talking thousands of houses worth and I know of no sewage works nearby. How and where does it travel too.

Genuinely fascinated by this and hoping we have a sewage guy on board.

Google it fuckwit

The South Bank Interceptor sewer

comprises two main legs that together
serve a population of 210,000. D leg is
approximately 10.7km long with a
maximum diameter of 1500 mm and
gravitates eastwards from Gateshead to
Jarrow. B leg is approximately 7.5km
long with a maximum diameter of 1350
mm. It runs west from South Shields to a
major pumping station at Jarrow where the
flow is lifted up to join with D leg.
All flows pass through Jarrow preliminary
treatment works then through an inverted
Hydraulic modelling
to manage Tyneside
Interceptor
siphon under the River Tyne to Howdon
Sewage Treatment Works.
The sewer model is GIS based and

what kind of sewer are you talking about? sanitary or storm?

Sometimes they're combined.

Basically Im fascinated by the average house sewage and how the thousands of houses in a neighbourhood join up and travel miles under their own steam to a cleansing site.

Gateshead and South Tyneside sewer systems both flow 5 or 6 miles to Jarrow before crossing the tyne. It amazes me the network involved in coordinating hundreds of thousands of homes into one tube and then that tube travelling miles to a final destination.