Newcastle vs Aston Villa

Graing

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Dummett had a steady game, he's got a cracking left peg. He's a better defender than Santon, I'd rather see Dummett or Haidara instead of Santon.

Agreed - still think that shot he had lifted the team and got the fans going. Was impressed with him on the whole.

I'm assuming CT wasn't being serious there.

I was actually.

He doesn't strike me as having much hunger for the game this season.

He has the sort of personality that could just as easily say fuck it and hit the rich scene at Monaco as much as think I must knuckle down, get fit and start afresh somewhere.

Don't hear much about him away from football in Newcastle. Is a party beast, a pussy rat or just a quiet lad who stops in playing video games?

It's mad to think how poor we've been and we still sit comfortably in 8th.

Yeah - I considered that and thought it was encouraging. Then I thought about it a bit more, looked at how we're only 5 points behind Man Utd and ended up wondering how well we could have done if the board had given a fuck about competing.

Anita was decent for the last twenty minutes. Though he was as uninventive as anyone for the first 70 I thought He needs to learn to open up space more in midfield and provide more passing opportunities for other players. He was good for the final part of the game because the team utilised his good qualities - namely, he was allowed to actually run at players. I bet he is a tricky player to play against when he is coming forward with the ball.

Edited by ADP

Aye was class to see, I didn't even mind Remy taking the booking for taking his shirt off as it was class to see some passion from the lads. Good to see him going back over after the game and handing his top to someone.

Agree with J69 about De Jong, he seemed to fit in well and didn't give up on the ball, creating a few good opportunities from very little. Be interesting to see how the Remy-De Jong partnership develops, just a shame it's very unlikely to continue past this season.

I was actually.

He doesn't strike me as having much hunger for the game this season.

He has the sort of personality that could just as easily say fuck it and hit the rich scene at Monaco as much as think I must knuckle down, get fit and start afresh somewhere.

Don't hear much about him away from football in Newcastle. Is a party beast, a pussy rat or just a quiet lad who stops in playing video games?

Spot on. You're the only one that realised I meant to type Marveaux instead of Ben Arfa.