Angry Oscar.

Park Life

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone listening to this?

His voice is so affected. How the hell can he be doing all this shouting and she didn't shout back 'It's me you idiot, I am not a burglar'?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what am I missing here? I haven't followed the case at all, because I heard someone shot his partner 4 times through a locked door, and his defence sounded desperate to say the least. so I thought no more about it.

never quite sure where to employ occam's razor, but this seems like a perfect example?

• 4 months later...

Watched Jim Jefferies latest stand up on Netflix and he made the point that Pistorius is one of the few blokes on earth that couldn't kick the bathroom door in to see who was in there. Blades off he's fucked, blades on he'd get the full goi-oi-oi-oi-oi-oing effect.

He's already been cleared psychiatrically

Unless that means the judge can't pass that sentence I reckon it might still happen, It'd be a let off for him and hes a big star.

Watched Jim Jefferies latest stand up on Netflix and he made the point that Pistorius is one of the few blokes on earth that couldn't kick the bathroom door in to see who was in there. Blades off he's fucked, blades on he'd get the full goi-oi-oi-oi-oi-oing effect.

Aye I saw that a couple of days ago. Was superb :lol:

From the guardian live feed

Reporters in court say the response to the judge’s decision that Pistorius cannot be found guilty of premeditated murder has been muted. He can, of course, still be found guilty of murder, if the judge decides that – pre-planning aside – he armed himself and shot with the intention to kill. He could also face a conviction for culpable homicide if she decides there was no intent. Or, of course, he could be acquitted if Masipa decides he acted reasonably out of fear that an intruder was going to attack him.

The judge says she will return after lunch to the question of whether Pistorius is guilty of the culpable homicide – manslaughter – of Reeva Steenkamp.

The could be a manslaughter, or culpable homicide, conviction, if the judge believes Pistorius’ claim that he did not mean to kill Steenkamp, but decides he acted recklessly or negligently in firing into the locked door. There is no minimum sentence in South African law for culpable homicide: it would be at the discretion of the judge.

Otherwise, given that murder charges have been dismissed, Pistorius could be acquitted if the judge accepts his account that he genuinely feared for his life and thought he was acting in self-defence.

Alongside the charge of murder, Pistorius is accused of two counts of discharging firearms in public, and another of illegal possession of ammunition.