The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Thing is.........is he worth a big spend? He is not playing much for Spurs which can only mean he's not rated as better or as good as any of the starters.

He might be useful to us as a winger but is he worth breaking the bank for. I wouldn't mind having him but wouldn't want to spend silly money on him.

I'm no fan of Townsend but a player not getting a start in Spurs team doesn't necessarily mean he's not good enough for us. Despite us beating them, they're doing considerably better than us.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some shite going round about Townsend like. At his best he's looked twice the player of any winger in our squad and if Ashley's willing to buy him then we would gladly have him

You would struggle to put together 6mins of highlights for Obertan, Marveaux, Sammy, Gouffran and Aaron's combined

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

There's some shite going round about Townsend like. At his best he's looked twice the player of any winger in our squad and if Ashley's willing to buy him then we would gladly have him

You would struggle to put together 6mins of highlights for Obertan, Marveaux, Sammy, Gouffran and Aaron's combined

You're right, he has humiliated a lot of Europa league minnows with Spurs, or International minnows with England.

;)

------------------Elliot-------------------

Janmaat Mbemba Colo ???????

----------------???????-----------------

Sissoko---------------------Shelvey

---------------Winaljdum---------------

----------Berahino Mitrovic-----------

Holes that need plugging

he looks way too attacking for McClaren to play him there I reckon. We're talking about the manager who has spent the entire season till now playing with two midfielders only capable of passing sideways

Shelvey left wing!?

No. It's a diamond in midfield, the width comes from the fullbacks. Like it already does from Janmaat on the right.

People get too hung up on formations anyway, even at the level I played at we had general positions you got into when you had the ball and then completely different positions when you didn't. The whole "team sheet" is something for sky pundits to dribble over.

Think the improved distribution from there will help us turn defence into attack more quickly. It's telling that we've signed him when we had Tiote, Anita and Colback that can play there. He's not so much attacking in that he likes to run at players, just in that he likes to play the ball forward. He can hit them from range as well, so it's better having him sit deeper/outside of the box when Wijnaldum is making runs into it.

Levy doesn't want Townsend to leave on loan, it looks like he won't budge on 14m, he basically knows we are desperate and have money and are taking advantage of it.

Reported that Newcastle have put in a bid of nearly 19m in Saido Berahino

Thoughts?

Aye, let's buy squad players. We have a full teams worth to get rid of as it is

:lol: Aye, the idea of a team in the bottom 3 spending that sort of money on someone who might not start is so ludicrous we'll probably do it

i think he would improve the first team. perez is wasted out wide. if he comes in, then perez, mitrovich, wijnaldum and hopefully one other striker could compete for the central strikign positions. and townsend will replsce thauvin, who doesn't look like he's ever going to get a look in.

i think he would improve the first team. perez is wasted out wide. if he comes in, then perez, mitrovich, wijnaldum and hopefully one other striker could compete for the central striking positions. and townsend will replace thauvin, who doesn't look like he's ever going to get a look in.

According to Transfermarkt, he's played on the left wing 14 times and provided no assists and scored no goals...

you could play sissoko on the left. it's not like's he's a traditional right footed winger either, is it. then you've got two pacey outlets on the flanks for shelvey to ping balls to.

I don't think Perez is wasted out wide, especially in our system. I think he's a good player with nice touches, good vision and an ability to finish well but I don't think he's in the game enough and ready to dictate play in the way you would demand and expect of a no. 10 in the Premier League. Townsend would provide a different type of option but I don't think he's as good as Perez and wouldn't necessarily improve the first XI. Even more so were we to sign Berahino which should be more of a priority.

i think perez has looked much better when he's played just behind mitrovic in the middle than when he's been used out wide. but wijanldum offers more of of a threat in that position - he definitely was wasted out wide. i would have no problem with townsened coming in and him amd perez being rotated, depending on the opposition.

i think signing berahino and townsend on top of shelvey would represent an alright window. just need a left back and as well and i'll be pretty pleased. the fact we're not being linked with any is a concern - it's probably our weakest position.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic