The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Balotelli would be a disaster at Newcastle and I thought he was on pretty crackers wages.

I think Ayew is canny but not sure where he would fit in to our side unless he was to play on the wing, I wouldn't want to play him off Mitro as that would mean Wijnaldum having to either drop deeper or play wide and Ayew isn't as good as Wijnaldum.

Not too fussed about Gomis, his goal record this season is 6 goals in 19 games (last season was 7 in 31) and Mitro's is 4 goals in 17 so doesn't seem like he would be any more prolific and at 30 he's not a project like Mitro is.

Edited by Howay

if it was a choice of gomis at £7m or balotelli whose 5yrs younger and a chance of turning it around (i know...) at £10m

i'd rather we punted the 10 on him, than 7m on someone we know is shite... balotelli is worth 10 , it's just he's likely to be a pain in the hole

neither is going to happen anyway, we're busy throwing money (allegedly) at a player who has no intention of coming here so we can do the "we tried to get it over the line" shite

I prefer choice C, neither!

Balotelli is really talented and if you could promise his A game every week I would do it. But thats as likely as Crosby being found innocent so that along with his wages etc make it moot.

If I think I know where this team is going I expect us to make a move for Amavi from Villa in the summer when they are down and he he is fit. Also expect another central midfielder.

Balotelli is really talented and if you could promise his A game every week I would do it. But thats as likely as Crosby being found innocent so that along with his wages etc make it moot.

:lol: :lol:

I'd like to see us try and get Ben Davies from Spurs for left back, he was solid during his time at Swansea and is in and out of the team due to competition from Rose so we may be able to get him.

Linked to Pato this morning as well...at the same time they're saying chelsea pretty much have a deal nearly done :lol:

Pato?

:scratchhead:

but he's never played left back?

latest musings from Mark Douglas

Newcastle United are hopeful of landing a striker in time for the trip to Watford – with the club gearing up for another busy week on the recruitment front.

United brokered a double deal last week – and want TWO more in before the end of January. One of those will be a forward, with Newcastle aware of the importance of landing a striker to aid their relegation battle.

Having been given encouragement by his representatives, United are pondering an £18million bid for West Brom striker Saido Berahino this week. And the club are also monitoring Chelsea striker Loic Remy’s availability – even though they fear he will leave it until late in the window before making a decision on his future.

Newcastle have started talking to Spurs over Andros Townsend and while the striker wants the switch, sources in the capital say the deal is being held up by Tottenham’s exorbitant asking price. They want £14million for the winger – more than Newcastle want to pay – and Daniel Levy appears to be sticking to that “unrealistic” valuation.

Newcastle have been offered hundreds of players by agents over the last fortnight but are recruiting from a short-list of players they believe can make an immediate impact. That would suggest that more players with Premier League experience are at the forefront of their thinking.

They will also off-load Cheick Tiote for £8million on Monday, while Manu Riviere and Yoan Gouffran are both available. Riviere is interesting Bastia while Marseille’s move for Florian Thauvin will only be sanctioned if Townsend signs.

Newcastle are also likely to make fit-again Rolando Aarons available for loan if they land Townsend.

I know it's only paper talk but I'm slightly worried we're never linked to any left backs, the club can't seriously view Dummett as the long term answer at left back. I think Dummett is a canny enough CB and would make a good 3rd choice but he's a dodgy full back.

yes, i think they could end up sticking with Dummet. they probably are thinking getting a goal scorer gives us the best chance of staying up and Dummet is solid enough defensively.

i agree he's an alright option as reserve centre half, but playing a centre half with so little technical ability at full back has left us seriously imbalanced all season.

I want them to buy someone I don't rate - like Jonjo Shelvey again.

:lol:

Heavily linked to Berahino again today, talented lad but no idea if he would fit into our current game plan although McClaren would no doubt have a plan for him since it would seem more likely to be his signing.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic