Newcastle United V Crystal Palace

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to belabor the point but I can't figure out just what Gouffran is doing. He's standing roughly where Tiote usually does and barely moving, just playing short passes in midfield. If he's in the centre, then who's on the wing? Anita? Dummett? It's not working, whatever it is.

Lots of possession, zero cutting edge.

Palace know we're short in terms of creativity upfront. They're here for a point. And they'll get it unless we decide to shake things up a bit and go for it.

We're in serious trouble unless they pull one or two rabbits out the hat in the summer. Are we feeling lucky, punks?

We'll be fine, he'll buy. It'd be stupid beyond any reason for him not to.

I really do not get why Gouffran's role is to drift into the middle of park and act as a makeshift playmaker, or at the very least water carrier. A he hasn't got the skill set to play that role and B it nullifies his genuine goal threat. I know that Pardew persists in playing a CF and CM out wide because those two do a lot of running and defend, but for the love of God, we are at home to Crystal Palace. Surely we will have enough in defence even if we have to "risk" playing one of either Marveaux or Ben Arfa from the start. The former would be perfect for that free role from the left.

de Jong has no goal threat. He'll only score clear-cut chances and he even managed to miss a 75% chance early today, with that header over the bar. Not impressed with him, even if he has shown that he can play simple passes, which most consider to be "good link-up" - it isn't; it is satisfactory link-up.

Edited by beatty

We'll be fine, he'll buy. It'd be stupid beyond any reason for him not to.

Let's hope we buy or loan well. We've lost our best midfielder and we're probably going to lose our best forward. That's a tough job replacing those two. It's a good job these are shit by the way. :lol: