Tattoos

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, getting a permanent marking in reaction to a life changing event is ideal thinking.

Depends on what it is. I got a tattoo which referenced my father when died. Much better than getting a fashion tattoo as it actually means something.

Yup, getting a permanent marking in reaction to a life changing event is ideal thinking.

Don't get me wrong but it sounds you are anti tattoos anyway?

I mean I have some daft ones, I lost a bet when I was younger and now have my best mates initials tattooed on my shin.. But this lad I know went to America years ago from art school specifically to be a tattoo artist, I could catch up with him and let him do his thing.

Depends on what it is. I got a tattoo which referenced my father when died. Much better than getting a fashion tattoo as it actually means something.

This is similar to what I was talking about. I'm guessing that yours was done as much out of grief as a new father does his out of joy. I still don't understand it though. I think I'm coming at this from a completely different POV to a lot of people.

Don't get me wrong but it sounds you are anti tattoos anyway?

I mean I have some daft ones, I lost a bet when I was younger and now have my best mates initials tattooed on my shin.. But this lad I know went to America years ago from art school specifically to be a tattoo artist, I could catch up with him and let him do his thing.

I'm not completely anti-tattoo. I can appreciate a well done sleeve on a young lad, it can be a thing of beauty. I just worry about what it'll look like as a 60 year old fella. I've also seen a lot of shit tattoos too that I know people won't get erased.

I'm not completely anti-tattoo. I can appreciate a well done sleeve on a young lad, it can be a thing of beauty. I just worry about what it'll look like as a 60 year old fella. I've also seen a lot of shit tattoos too that I know people won't get erased.

How did you let the second half of his post go without comment after your reaction to some of the others :lol:

Edited by Rayvin

Tbf I know my tattoos are shite. I got loads done when I was 18 and the latest one was a drunken bet as a 20 something.

It's not like I walk round with a vest on to show them off. I just fancy some decent ones done by a proper artist and not a piss artist

Tbf I know my tattoos are shite. I got loads done when I was 18 and the latest one was a drunken bet as a 20 something.

It's not like I walk round with a vest on to show them off. I just fancy some decent ones done by a proper artist and not a piss artist

I can't argue much with that. Except to say that they WILL look even shitter in 40 years time.

Not that if greatly bothers me. Each to their own but it offers me an excuse to whinge. ;)

I can't argue much with that. Except to say that they WILL look even shitter in 40 years time.

Not that if greatly bothers me. Each to their own but it offers me an excuse to whinge. ;)

Whinge away brother.

The way I'm living at the moment I won't make 40 years time so give a fuck, holiday in America!

I was quite close to getting one of those tribal band things that were popular in the 90s. Very relived I bottled it in the end. Talk about a walking cliche. My mate who something similar done at the time massively regrets it now - it looks total dog shit, all faded and entirely unoriginal. He got the Chinese writing too to top it off

I was quite close to getting one of those tribal band things that were popular in the 90s. Very relived I bottled it in the end. Talk about a walking cliche. My mate who something similar done at the time massively regrets it now - it looks total dog shit, all faded and entirely unoriginal. He got the Chinese writing too to top it off

My mate got both of them done as well. Which is why i am massively in the camp of not getting fashion tattoos. People probably think mine are shite but I dont care as they mean something to me. Its probably similar to having a really ugly kid !

If you all want a laugh, I could post a picture of the bamboo needle tattoo (think Mel Gibson in the film Mutiny) I got on koh phi phi in Thailand but frankly I'm too ashamed :glare: The biggest traveller cliche going; go to a tropical island with your missus and get matching tattoos :lol:

The current Mrs PL has a few smallish, discreet and tasteful inkings and talked me into it. Now I'm hooked, im going to get something like this which belongs to a mate of mine...

WP_000115_zpsafad9ffe.jpg

Taken on the train coming back from one of our cup defeats by Brighton a few years back...he won the "best NUCF tattoo" contest by some distance, as you can imagine :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just say that tattoos on lasses are, as a general rule, absolutely shit. I live in a pretty ghetto (here in the USA we say "ratchet") part of NYC, and every other woman who walks by is covered. Stupid script writing on shoulders, stars and kids' names on forearms and wrists, flowers and butterflies on their tits, God knows what else under their clothes. The men as well. Awful, awful stuff. I'd be embarrassed to leave the house.

Worst of all are the kids' names IMO. My son is like the moon and stars to me, I love him more than my own life. But I don't need to get part of my body permanently stained to prove that to him or to anyone else. 

Anyone here have their kids' names tattooed on them? If so then why are you such an idiot?

:lol: To be fair, it must be one of the least regretted tattoos to have.

Disclaimer: I don't have any tattoos or plan to get any.

Used to knock about with this lad who had a scorpion tattooed on each arm. We were in the pub once and this bloke walking past looked at him and said "Do you like scorpions, do you?" You probably had to be there but we all thought it was hilarious, except the lad.

Thinking about getting this one:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/29/guy-goes-to-kavos-gets-gary-lineker-shs-crisps-tattooed-on-his-chest-has-regrets-6096623/

Used to knock about with this lad who had a scorpion tattooed on each arm. We were in the pub once and this bloke walking past looked at him and said "Do you like scorpions, do you?" You probably had to be there but we all thought it was hilarious, except the lad.

Thinking about getting this one:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/29/guy-goes-to-kavos-gets-gary-lineker-shs-crisps-tattooed-on-his-chest-has-regrets-6096623/

Bad idea old chap.

However, " For a bag of Tudor, I'd shag a mountain" in a circle around your egg bag is a must.

Perhaps.