Earth.

wolfy

But you said all land tips down into the sea in a bowl shape. That means the furthest pieces of land from the sea would be higher up than the mountains.

No. I said water runs to the sea from land. The sea is in the bowl.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. The higher you go, the less atmospheric pressure there is. You can easily feel this just by going up or down hill in your car. Your ears feel the pressure gain or drop.

Hmm, so I think we might have a problem here then.

If, as you say, the force which causes water to flow downhill is atmospheric pressure, then it doesn't work, does it?

The greatest atmospheric pressure will be at the bottom of the hill, the least at the top, as you say.

With no other force acting upon it, water would then flow uphill, from the greatest pressure to the least.

You can test this by putting a teaspoon of water in the middle of a plate and gently blowing straight down on it through a straw.

The water will escape the increase in pressure by going out to the sides of the plate- uphill.

In your model, it can't be atmospheric pressure making the rivers flow downhill, must be something else.

My guess is lizards.

If your Earth is a rotating globe in space with gravity, then I'm not going to make any sense at all. Just use what I'm saying as a light musing for yourself and try and see if you can grasp some of it and you never know, it could get you thinking or at least questioning some of what you were told.

It's not easy for anyone to go aganst what we were all taught, I understand that.

What you say makes no sense to anyone regardless of previous thought. Your view lacks thought and just tries to be contrary. It lacks any physical proof which can stand up to anything above P1 questioning.

... The side that is nearest the centre of your concave disc. Fucking Hell Wolfy I was trying to keep things really simple for you.

still don't know what you're trying to say. I'll be back later to explain it all.

Monkeys Fist, on 01 Jul 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:

Hmm, so I think we might have a problem here then.

If, as you say, the force which causes water to flow downhill is atmospheric pressure, then it doesn't work, does it?

All things including water require energy to raise from the ground. We see that as evaporation. Everything is pushed up in to the sky by expansion of molecules. If molcules become more expanded, as in water molecules, the get pushed up by the agitation of the smaller more dense molecules due to friction or what we know as the heat of the sun.

The more they are pushed up, the more they gather, as in a cloud until they condense then become heavier than the atmosphere they were pushed into. That's when they fall back to Earth, because the molecules are more dense once again than the air molecules under them, so they push through.

The greatest atmospheric pressure will be at the bottom of the hill, the least at the top, as you say.

With no other force acting upon it, water would then flow uphill, from the greatest pressure to the least.

Yes the greatest pressure will be at the bottom. It can only flow up if pressure is exerted onto that water, either by exerting more force on it which could be ships displacing the water or a pressure build up. It wouldn't make water flow up hill much, more like spread it out like putting your hand into a bowl and displacing the water to push it over the rim.

You can test this by putting a teaspoon of water in the middle of a plate and gently blowing straight down on it through a straw.

The water will escape the increase in pressure by going out to the sides of the plate- uphill.

Yes, as I said: it requires pressure above the norm. You provide that with your energy by blowing and increasing the pressure. It's how the tides work on the oceans, sort of, except not someone blowing through a straw. It's all about pressures from the centre, high v low pressure all the time.

In your model, it can't be atmospheric pressure making the rivers flow downhill, must be something else.

Nope. It's atmospheric pressure and the Earth does not function without it.

Monkeys Fist, on 01 Jul 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:Hmm, so I think we might have a problem here then.If, as you say, the force which causes water to flow downhill is atmospheric pressure, then it doesn't work, does it? All things including water require energy to raise from the ground. We see that as evaporation. Everything is pushed up in to the sky by expansion of molecules. If molcules become more expanded, as in water molecules, the get pushed up by the agitation of the smaller more dense molecules due to friction or what we know as the heat of the sun.The more they are pushed up, the more they gather, as in a cloud until they condense then become heavier than the atmosphere they were pushed into. That's when they fall back to Earth, because the molecules are more dense once again than the air molecules under them, so they push through. Monkeys Fist, on 01 Jul 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:The greatest atmospheric pressure will be at the bottom of the hill, the least at the top, as you say.With no other force acting upon it, water would then flow uphill, from the greatest pressure to the least. Yes the greatest pressure will be at the bottom. It can only flow up if pressure is exerted onto that water, either by exerting more force on it which could be ships displacing the water or a pressure build up. It wouldn't make water flow up hill much, more like spread it out like putting your hand into a bowl and displacing the water to push it over the rim. Monkeys Fist, on 01 Jul 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:You can test this by putting a teaspoon of water in the middle of a plate and gently blowing straight down on it through a straw.The water will escape the increase in pressure by going out to the sides of the plate- uphill. Yes, as I said: it requires pressure above the norm. You provide that with your energy by blowing and increasing the pressure. It's how the tides work on the oceans, sort of, except not someone blowing through a straw. It's all about pressures from the centre, high v low pressure all the time.Monkeys Fist, on 01 Jul 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:In your model, it can't be atmospheric pressure making the rivers flow downhill, must be something else. Nope. It's atmospheric pressure and the Earth does not function without it.

You haven't explained how atmospheric pressure alone, as you claim, causes water to flow downhill on a concave disc.

:D

He has thought deeply about the word "renege", and realises that we all have the wrong interpretation of it.

It actually means "totally ignored".

Open your minds sheeple, like what I have.

You haven't explained how atmospheric pressure alone, as you claim, causes water to flow downhill on a concave disc.

I have. I told you it's a push on push effect. Denpressure.

Basically it's pressure acting upon any dense object or body of water, etc. If you push something against the atmospheric pressure it pushes right back in equal terms . Action/reaction.

Why don't objects float in a vacuum chamber?

Because it is still under pressure, albeit much less pressure. Remember, we cannot make a true vacuum no matter how hard we try. The true vacuum is outside the dome, which we see as blackness, devoid of matter. Anything in that true vacuum is basically in suspended animation, which is what Earth is, as a whole. No free continuous movement, just expansion and retraction of Earth's own energy.

Because it is still under pressure, albeit much less pressure. Remember, we cannot make a true vacuum no matter how hard we try. The true vacuum is outside the dome, which we see as blackness, devoid of matter. Anything in that true vacuum is basically in suspended animation, which is what Earth is, as a whole. No free continuous movement, just expansion and retraction of Earth's own energy.

You're an idiot or a nutter.

That's fair enough, you're entitled to think that. I would have probably called someone the same thing a good while back so I can hardly blame anyone for thinking I am.

As well as a bet reneger and therefore fundamentally dishonest.

The horizon from a plane is clearly curved. The curve of the Earth over the sea can be visualised at very modest altitudes. This alone blows wolfy's inane "theories" out of the water, and shows he's either in denial, blind, a liar, or just plain thick as pigshit.

The ice dome theory is also plagiarised, not sure about "denpressure" but then who cares, it's a shit idea that makes no sense.

So arrogant

The horizon from a plane is clearly curved. The curve of the Earth over the sea can be visualised at very modest altitudes. This alone blows wolfy's inane "theories" out of the water, and shows he's either in denial, blind, a liar, or just plain thick as pigshit.

The ice dome theory is also plagiarised, not sure about "denpressure" but then who cares, it's a shit idea that makes no sense.

You can believe what you want just as I can.

You're allowed to believe what you like, you're not allowed to refute centuries of evidence based scientific realisations without similar evidence to back it up.

That's the worst kind of arrogance.

The land tipping the water to the sea is also blatant shite refuted by anyone with eyesite.