Commonwealth Games

JJ

MTB Today at the Commonwealth games.

Some serious riders there so should be a strong race.

Here is the womens start list. They start at 11:30 - Pendral or Batty to win IMO although Annie Last took the National title a couple of weeks ago after a long lay off.

Here is the mens start list. They start at 14:00 - McConnel for me.

Should be good.

Edited by wykikitoon

Gymnastics is brilliant at the moment. A Malaysian lass just dismounted from the beam by running, tripping and crashing to Earth. :lol:

I think every single Scottish lass has fell off the beam too. High entertainment.

I remember watching a bit of the rhythmic gymnastics last time round, lasses from Guernsey and Malta who literally couldn't throw a ball in the air, run a bit then catch it again. Quality.

At a moment of silence during my quiz tonight, Steven Kukuna Kari of Papau New Guinea did his lift in the clean and jerk. He instantly became a cult hero in the pub. Place went mental when he won. :lol:

Proper controversial finish too as his winning lift was originally ruled illegal for whatever reason before being reversed. Great fun.

• 7 years later...

I’m watching the opening ceremony at the moment and from what I can gather it’s supposed to be a celebration of the achievements of Birmingham which appear to be whistles, the Baskerville font and slavery.

I just can’t wait now for Gabby Agbonlahor to sky dive into the stadium with the Queen.

• Haha 6

And I turn it back over after 90 minutes to find that it’s still going. They’ve booked the freshest act to ever come out of Birmingham in Duran Duran. I don’t mean that ironically, those songs still hold up.