The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i'd give compton another go opening with cook. it wouldn't be the most elegant opening partnership the game has ever seen but there don't seem to be many other names in the frame. the only problem there is it exposing the lack of options at number three.

bit embarrassing not to bother turning up for a dead rubber just like the final day of the last ashes series. takes the gloss off what should be remembered as a fine away series victory. loads of issues in the batting lineup still to be resolved. talk of ballance being re-called but he doesn't look convincing at number 3 to me. i would give compton another go despite not impressing hugely in this series. but beyond that we're struggling for options. bring bell back?

I'd give them all another chance (assuming on fitness) the next series mind.

I think I would too although Hales' place must be especially vulnerable.

every opener tried since strauss retired looks vulnerable outside off stump. only compton of all of them looks like he can judge when to leave the ball, though that waft he played in his last innings was a shocker.

Hales could certainly go with finding some form in the one day games. I'm sure he could do with a bit of confidence. He's the only one of those players who look vunerable that's never managed anything so far.

There is the issue with the lack of any great options around. Butler could replace Taylor but Ballance or Bell for Compton doesn't look worthwhile at this stage and we're running out of openers to try.

Doesn't have to be pretty with so many shot makers down the order. Hales looks like he doesn't know whether to stick or twist anyway rather than playing his normal attacking game. It's not like he was scoring freely in most of his innings.

Btw, I meant to mention in here that I was sad to hear about Jack Bannister dying. Obviously he was way before my time as a player but I always enjoyed listening to his commentary back when the Beeb had the home tests on the telly.

Aye that was shit by WI's. Had a good chance of winning the game anyway but I hope they go out now.

Good start for England here. Shame Roy didn't manage to get to his fifty. I find it odd that we're only playing a couple of T20's in this tour with the world cup just around the corner.