The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just back from to my desk from 5 a side - i expected us to be 7 or 8 down on the earlier evidence. good to see root convert a 50 into a 100.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Aye, it's good to a developing young side. the middle order of root, stokes, bairstow and moeen is pretty exciting. if cook and compton can do their job and see off the new ball then that lot have the potential to move the game on at pace. not hearing quite so much bring back KP chat now.

Broad is possibly more important to us now than Anderson. I'm not counting out Jimmy just because he's not had a great series so far in terms of taking wickets (his economy levels are still very good) but Broad, over a period now, has been more likely to have those match winning spells. Yesterday was absolutely fantastic.

Anderson arguably is the best in the world when the conditions suit him but he can look unthreatening when it isn't moving through the air. Broad has this knack of running through a team in a single spell of bowling. He's done it about half a dozen times now. He looks ready to step to be our senior strike bowler with Anderson nearing the end of his career

Think he's took 5 wickets in a spell, rather than just an innings, on 5 or 6 occasions now. Particularly impressive when the match was in the balance like on Saturday.

i think he'll have the 500 wicket target in the back of his mind. he'll probably want to keep going until the next ashes series in 2017/18. there's a couple of very winnable home series next sumer against sri lanka and pakistan