The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

and there goes another. we may still well end up with an innings lead. it always amazes me when one player can bat so serenely for so long on a docile pitch then a new batter comes in and gives it away so quickly

true, but you never know what can happen with the aid of scoreboard pressure - another cricketing cliche for alex.

boycott has just come up with another on TMS - buffet bowling from finn, it's help yourself time :lol:

england have to bat the day out now. if they're bowled out by tea, SA could chase down any target with de villiers in there. they could just treat it like a one day game and have him opening the batting

Staggering this morning so far. Was saying to me dad last night how there was no way we could lose this. Didn't even England could collapse quickly enough scoring few enough for them to win! I should have known better.

Whatever the result of this though, the dropped catches have certainly allowed SA to get runs on the board and gain a massive amount of confidence. We could have really had them on the ropes with Amla (and Faff) struggling badly for runs and getting his captaincy questioned, a weakened bowling attack (that still looks likely to be without Steyn for the next test and without Philander for the series) and some yound inexperienced players coming in. But now I think our confidence will have took a bit of a hit and I think the next two tests will be very challenging.