The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So turns out my mate who used to pull pints in my local and was keeper for my Sunday league team has just been called up into the Australia T20 squad :lol: (AJ Tye)

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-t20-squad-india-worldt20-shaun-tait-nathan-lyon-chris-lynn-travis-head-shane-watson/2016-01-18?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ausvind

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Can't see any point in picking Woakes instead of Footitt. Woakes looks like he doesn't have the ability to get test batsmen out on a consistent enough basis and if you aren't going to experiment in a dead rubber then when are you going to?

they have form at it too - like taking rashid to the windies without giving him a bowl ahead of the ashes.

england never put their foot down and grind a team's nose in the dirt when a series is already won. there's no way the aussies would be going through the motions this morning if they were in the field in a similar situation.

anderson in particular looking way below his best.

Interesting to just hear Vaughan's thoughts earlier about dead rubbers. Says the players don't believe in them and if they try and use it as a reason for defeat it's just an excuse. They've certainly not been at it for whatever reason today.

Not sure whether it's right to play Footit in this game. They obviously have to give him a chance at some point but Woakes is pretty much still in that stage too. This is only his 6th test? I must admit he's never massively impressed me but he seems to get talked about pretty positively by the pundits (who's opinion I have a lot more respect for than their football counterparts). Mikey Holden was talking earlier how he is very economical.

they have form at it too - like taking rashid to the windies without giving him a bowl ahead of the ashes.

england never put their foot down and grind a team's nose in the dirt when a series is already won. there's no way the aussies would be going through the motions this morning if they were in the field in a similar situation.

anderson in particular looking way below his best.

Different management team tbf though

Interesting to just hear Vaughan's thoughts earlier about dead rubbers. Says the players don't believe in them and if they try and use it as a reason for defeat it's just an excuse. They've certainly not been at it for whatever reason today.

Not sure whether it's right to play Footit in this game. They obviously have to give him a chance at some point but Woakes is pretty much still in that stage too. This is only his 6th test? I must admit he's never massively impressed me but he seems to get talked about pretty positively by the pundits (who's opinion I have a lot more respect for than their football counterparts). Mikey Holden was talking earlier how he is very economical.

The management obviously fancy him but, to me, he's a one day player.

In terms of the 3rd seamer I suppose he's behind Wood and Finn in the queue anyway. Just think what's the point in taking Footitt if you're not going to give him a chance with relatively little at stake? Especially as he's no spring chicken.

Aye I know what you're saying. Obviously the Rashid thing is still in mind and that was ridiculous.

AB going for a duck gets us back into this somewhat.

The daftest thing about that is that (as is usually the case in the Windies now) the pitches over there were slow, spin friendly ones like you'd get in the subcontinent. So it made sense to play him to try and win the matches as much as prep for the Ashes. Suppose it got Moores the bullet so it turned out to be a good thing.

SA need to declare like. Chance of rain and already have a lead over 100 in excess of the highest successful 4th innings run chase at the ground.

there's zero chance of us winning from here on this pitch. AB is just continuing the footsteps of the vast majority of test captains now, who are mainly ulltra conservative with their declarations. cook is just as bad. he'd have batted most of the day out, until the lead was 500 or something.