Shearer's latest thought's

trooper

But I think the likes of Beresford and Howey still do all that corporate hospitality don't they? The club have stopped handing out tickets willy nilly, but there's still a role for ex-pros who want to fulfil it.

Shearer doesn't want to, he wants to come and go as he pleases.

I thought you said he pays for a box?

Either way, Shearer's offered no insight, I don't think he'd be bothered about pressing the flesh if someone other Ashley owned the club and essembee is a nudnik.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a canny short but informative write up in this months TF by a bloke who pays for a box and for a seat in the gallowgate corner, and mixes it up where he watches from, depending on whether he has clients to entertain.

I never knew every box holder is offered 4 away tickets. With 200 boxes that could be a third of the allocation going to box holders before being offered to members with the required points.

After the platinum club started I remember me and my mates having the discussion about whether if we'd known it guaranteed away tickets, we'd have gone for it because this was before the points scheme really got going and fletcher was still screwing the fans on a regular basis.

In fact I know it was one of the reasons the undertaker and his mates joined.

There is a difference between an ex-player working in corporate,being paid, and being allowed to watch the game and an ex-player ringing the club for a freebie.Where do you draw the line with freebies for ex-players.We must have had thousands of players.Should they all receive a freebie.Maybe we should `reward' them by giving them semi final and final tickets.Of course you and i could miss out on a ticket but so what,ex-players need rewarding !!! Bollocks man.Total bollocks.Billy Askew is a season ticket holder which is paid for by himself.Shearer and a few mates pay for their box.I would guarantee that any ex-player who rings up for free tickets would not attend otherwise on a regular basis.If you've ever sat near the directors box when we are playing one of the big boys,you will have noticed ex-players who are never spotted against smaller clubs. Season tickets can be bought from the ticket office.Matchday tickets can be bought from the ticket office.If ex-players and wives of ex-managers want to attend games at SJP,there are other ways than begging for a freebies.Well done Ashley for stopping the freebies.

Also, you can argue we're even better supported than the mackems in relative terms when looking at match day attendances if there are no free tickets being given to ex-players. And we all know how important that is.

For us to have had thousands of players we would need to have had an average of (for 1000 so not even several thousand) 8 new players a year since starting up.

Of our top 5 appearance holders only 2 are still alive.

Of our top 10 goalscorers 4 are still alive.

I think we can stretch to a few free tickets for people on those lists and a few others.

Well why don't you pay for their freebies then,if they are so deserving.

Why don't you pay for the other 52,399 if they're more deserving?

Read them all? are you mad? The horrific grammar is bad enough, but the paucity of sense, reason or even a discernible train of thought makes that task enough to make Hercules go searching for the Cattle of Geryon again.

I'm looking for a particular gif of shearer scoring off a volley, its not the everton game. the ball is played long up-field from the left and shearer hits it first time puts it top corner

ring a bell with anyone?

Edited by tooner

I'm looking for a particular gif of shearer scoring off a volley, its not the everton game. the ball is played long up-field from the left and shearer hits it first time puts it top corner

ring a bell with anyone?

Home to Aston Villa with Schmeichal in goal?

Edited by Alex

I think that's my favourite Shearer goal. Showed he wasn't just about power or whatever, it showed he had vision and finesse to his game too. Beauty.

That was the same game Bellamy had a few chances against Schmeichel and the big Dane kept denying him, then he's clean through again and this time Crai puts it through his legs when coming in from the right (?).

Commentator said "Ohhhhh cheeky chappy, he's only gone and nutmegged Schmeichel!"