Sizzling Sammy Ameobi

Park Life

Beginning to think he might just turn into a good squad player in the PL...Think Aarons is slightly ahead of him at the moment with regard to real danger...But will Sammy develop that one more crucial level?

Looks fookin huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfsF1EGLmwM

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how big he looks there like.

He still needs a lot more control on the pitch if he's ever going to be a consistent performer iyam. However, he's done pretty well whenever he's played this season and given that the team as a whole has been so bad it's definitely looking more positive for him.

Hopefully we'll have a difficult choice between Aarons, Ameobi and Obertan

I think that's also the order in terms of their potential in all tbh. Obertan's getting to that age where you have to start thinking he probably wont improve too much imo.

I'd like Ameobi to become something and he definitely has the tools (same as Obertan does) to be a decent winger, just needs to make his stamp on the games more often.

Really? His brother robbed a living off us for more than ten year. He was never a premier league player.

I'd rather hope he was considerably better than him.

Nah, Shola was fine. A lot of people hate him because he wasn't brilliant and wasn't sold. Neither of those things are really his fault. This thing about "stealing a living" isn't fair either, Shola was languid and a bit shit, but he always tried.

Anyway, I said I'd be content if he had that career, I hope he goes on to become the greatest footballer any of us has ever seen... if instead he has a top flight career and provides us with goals at the Nou Camp or an unbelievable penalty record... that'll do,

Nah, Shola was fine. A lot of people hate him because he wasn't brilliant and wasn't sold. Neither of those things are really his fault. This thing about "stealing a living" isn't fair either, Shola was languid and a bit shit, but he always tried.

Anyway, I said I'd be content if he had that career, I hope he goes on to become the greatest footballer any of us has ever seen... if instead he has a top flight career and provides us with goals at the Nou Camp or an unbelievable penalty record... that'll do,

One of my biggest criticisms of Shola is that he only seemed to turn up in games when their was a bit of a spicy atmosphere. When the atmosphere in the ground was flat his performances were lethargic too.

Nah I'm not having that. He was fucking terrible for the vast majority of his career here. When I said robbed a living, I was more meaning he was here under false pretences than he put no effort in. I do think he genuinely wanted to do well but his mobility was piss poor.

More often than not everyone was dismayed when he was brought on (invariably he started on the bench because even the mostly incompetent managers we had for most of his time here realised he was wank).

He may have been likeable, an excellent penalty taker and scored a few important goals against the tramps, but he should have been shipped out in his early twenties.

See, if that was my position, I'd blame the line of managers that tolerated a sub-par player. I don't blame Babayaro for being toss (I blame him for being a gutless mercenary, but not for being shit.) I don't blame McClen for being shit either.

I think Shola senior was a good servant to the club and added much behind thee scenes that we wouldn't see. That he's likeable and he scared thee crap out of Dennis gobshite Wise on his debut is cherry on the cake.

Aye he seemed lazy, but he wasn't, he was just slow and only at the end of his time with us did he realise what his best position was; a big powerful static targetman. For that I blame the managers and the coaches. For me he's a bange average player who has become a cult hero, just like Ketsbaia.

I never said I blamed him for any of it (as I said the majority of managers he had here were shite also (Keegan wanted rid of him iirc)). All I said is that he was shite and we should want Sammy to be better than him.

I've no doubt he will go down as a cult hero for his goals against the scum and his stellar penalty record but that doesn't change the fact that he was a player not up to the standard he was supposed to be playing at (as evidenced by the fact that once he left he signed for a Turkish 2nd tier team who are currently only off the bottom on goal difference and apparently have hardly anyone turning up to watch the games).

I'm not sure that you can say we found his best position at the end though. He was fucking awful even by his standards the last two seasons.

I spent about 10 seasons praying for Shola to be moved on. He just was never good enough on the pitch to merit the faith shown in him by successive managers. The only proviso is whether he was asked to play through a longstanding injury when he shouldve been on the long term injury list. I recall rumours to that effect but dont know if true.

fwiw the biggest indictment of the current regime for me is that I went from praying shola would leave to hoping he would stay. Hopfully sammi will be a star. I dont think I can stand another 10 years of an underperforming ameobi.