What's gonne happen in Jan 2015

Park Life

Depends on how December goes imo. We got Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, sunderland, Man Utd and Everton. And as good a run as we have been on, that is a daunting set of fixtures.

I can't see why we'd buy a striker. They cost more and are a bigger gamble. We clearly need a centre back and a bit more depth. However, this is Ashley's Newcastle; if we take enough points from November and December he might buy anything.

De Jong will be "like a new signing", and tying Aarons and the like up to new contracts the same.

Depends on how December goes imo. We got Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, sunderland, Man Utd and Everton. And as good a run as we have been on, that is a daunting set of fixtures.

I can't see why we'd buy a striker. They cost more and are a bigger gamble. We clearly need a centre back and a bit more depth. However, this is Ashley's Newcastle; if we take enough points from November and December he might buy anything.

De Jong will be "like a new signing", and tying Aarons and the like up to new contracts the same.

Mad shit happens in Jan at this club.

Pardews been going on about our improved squad depth. Little chance of them looking to add new faces then. You can be sure the club wont think of the fact we've gotten lucky in that certain youngsters have performed beyond expectation and few people would have thought we have great squad depth at the start of the season.

A striker is probably the most we can hope for.

Daunting run of games indeed...

Although I would have said that about a couple that we've just had, and the bottom has definitely fallen out of Arsenal's season... might even beat the mackems with our form this year, despite the curse of Pardew.

Not expecting much from Man Utd and Everton will probably put us away (Chelsea's a given on that front).

Come Jan we'll be around midtable, and I think further buys are unlikely - unless we move Cisse on, in which case we might go in for one. It's not like we have a proper 'in form' forward (aside from Perez, but he's a young lad, he's not supposed to be the 'main' striker).

Edited by Rayvin

Mike must be looking at the table now and patting himself on the back for not sacking Pardew. Likewise in January he'll not spend anything unless he jags a deal.

Daunting run of games indeed...

Although I would have said that about a couple that we've just had, and the bottom has definitely fallen out of Arsenal's season... might even beat the mackems with our form this year, despite the curse of Pardew.

Not expecting much from Man Utd and Everton will probably put us away (Chelsea's a given on that front).

Come Jan we'll be around midtable, and I think further buys are unlikely - unless we move Cisse on, in which case we might go in for one. It's not like we have a proper 'in form' forward (aside from Perez, but he's a young lad, he's not supposed to be the 'main' striker).

Chelsea will always be favourites but we've surprised them quite a few times at St James' over the years.

I don't want him, rather want to see more of Siem De Jong when he's fit, and he's kinda similar style of player to Riviere with Riviere being the better athlete.

No he's not.