Arsenal V Newcastle // Saturday 13th December // The Emirates // KO 5.30

Anorthernsoul

I didn't go due to Xmas, spurs on Wednesday, mackems on Sunday and basically being a pussywhipped tosspot :D

Watched it in the local labour club, a few of our old Sunday morning team were out including two brothers who are gooners who made the point that Arsenal and Newcastle are in similar situations i.e. a large number of supporters want a superficially ok manger out but their employers don't really care as long as the status quo is maintained. Saved from Niall Quinns shitfest by playing Greg Lakes "I believe in father Christmas" on repeat on the club jukebox :good:

Couldn't hear much of Quinn's patter luckily enough.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utterly grim viewing, that. Pre-match had the feel of us writing the game off, and so it proved. The press have been quite kind in labelling it an 'under strength' Newcastle side, considering it was only really Krul/Sissoko out from our 'regulars'.

I've heard a few people say we didn't deserve to lose 4-1 but personally I thought we were shite. Looked back to what we were like pre Citeh.

Colo was the worst he's been in a few months, Williamson is shit, Dummett looked out of his depth, Tiote was fucking awful and Goufrran was as he's been all year, completely useless.

I'm hoping this isn't a return to the form of the first 9 months of the year timed nicely for a cup quarter final and the tramps visit on Sunday! Hopefully Sissoko will make a big difference and Taylor will be back in ahead of Williamson.