Terrorism

aimaad22

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye but you would crawl through broken glass just to sniff May's shit so it's hardly a balanced opinion 

This whole "Pray for London" shit that is all ower Facebook after these attacks does my tits in btw

All religion is mumbo jumbo, true, but what's the problem with people expressing solidarity right now - even if it is via a moronic religion?

16 minutes ago, goldeena said:

i agree with katie hopkins and farrage, just interested to know what people think we should do because all i have seen up to now is 'live with it' ?

Invest more in security and surveillance to restrict coordinated attacks. An attack every few years is one thing, if an attack every weeks or months becomes the new normal then a change in approach is required.

But, to an extent you have to live with it. Who can stop someone mowing down civilians in a vehicle? 

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Bit of a cliche to say and possibly inappropriate but for me that's us, that's the spirit of ordinary British folk. In my parents lifetime we've had the blitz and a quarter of a century of the IRA. We're not easily cowed by psychopaths. Not that any of that is any consolation to the victims and anyone connected to them this morning :( 

Think we've adopted a very American attitude as a society. Before we had "The troubles" and "keep calm and carry on".

Now it's "war on terror"  and "run, hide, tell".

1 minute ago, Happy Face said:

Think we've adopted a very American attitude as a society. Before we had "The troubles" and "keep calm and carry on".

Now it's "war on terror"  and "run, hide, tell".

I think a lot of that comes from Twitter.

11 minutes ago, goldeena said:

why have the police got their hands tied when you get this horrific list of prior knowledge on them once they have commited their attrocities, trying to thing about it scientifically that cuts through the sway.

By the sounds of it, the government hasn't given them the resources they need. At least that was the feedback after Manchester. This is the problem with cutting back the state.

3 minutes ago, goldeena said:

but they already know who they are and it has everything to do with law.

Ah you're saying why don't they lock them all up? Probably because they haven't actually committed a crime at the point of being 'on the list'. We can't just bend the rules to get around that point. To do so would compromise our values and way of life.

Edited by Rayvin

Just now, goldeena said:

no. i am saying that the law is an ass because it has got in the way of red flashing lights prolfically - the law as it stands is not equipped to deal with extreme muslim terrorism.

What would you have it do?

Just now, goldeena said:

i would have it operate on a basis of probable outcomes.

That sounds an awful lot like what I said in my previous post. You would have them arrested before they commit a crime. Minority Report style?

2 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

Goldeena lying in deep bath with her sisters, plugged into the GCHQ email and web search database, identifying people to take out before they do owt wrong.

:lol: Exactly.

2 minutes ago, goldeena said:

on the basis of probable outcomes cuts through the sway.

And what do we do with them? What do we hold them for, and for how long?

1 minute ago, goldeena said:

but if intelligence sees s red light it should be seen as a probable outcome.

But what would we do with them? Hold them indefinitely?

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

What's wrong with run, hide tell?

I didn't say either response was right or wrong.  PL was saying how people had confronted the attackers with bottles and that, which flies in the face of what has to be police advice.  No-one should be expected to do anything but get to somewhere safe, but the 'United 93' type response to jeopardise your own safety is something that should be applauded though, right?

23 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

I didn't say either response was right or wrong.  PL was saying how people had confronted the attackers with bottles and that, which flies in the face of what has to be police advice.  No-one should be expected to do anything but get to somewhere safe, but the 'United 93' type response to jeopardise your own safety is something that should be applauded though, right?

The police did exactly that in their statement tbf