Terrorism

aimaad22

4 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

He's a wanker.

"Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the bomb broke.  The anger is monumental"

Didn't the terrorist know it was his birthday ffs!

:jesuswept:

He'll be wrapping himself in the Union Jack next. ;)

James Woods has been tweeting a list of attacks and asking what they all have in common too.

Like a mackem looking at the list of managers they've had fail and concluding they should ban white males from the role.

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

My birthday is September 11th. I win, Morrissey

''The 11th September birthday horoscope profile shows that you are likely a peaceful but detached virgin. '' :spit:

1 hour ago, Park Life said:

“Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an ‘extremist’. An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?”  Mozzer. :lol:

Fair question. 

Rest was wrong but imo you can still agree with the defiance and togetherness narrative but still be able to mention Islam in a way that's less "personal" than attacking Muslims. 

Perhaps Burnham didn't want to make any assumptions before police confirmed motive.

All well and good tweeting assumptions but people in positions of power should be held to a responsibility to speak with accuracy, not to second guess ongoing investigations.

In the (very small) chance it turned out to be a jealous dooly who had a bird who dumped him and went to the concert with another lad....  Burnham would look a bit daft rushing to assume motivation and labelling it as such.

Does it really matter? 22 people are dead and whether Andy Burnham mentions Islam or not isn't going to change that. Nor is it going to increase or decrease the chance of future attacks.

Rumours that the lad who blew himself up in Manchester was just a mule for the people who organised it. With the threat level being raised, the army being bused in and events like Chelsea's parade being cancelled they seem pretty worried that something else is planned soon

Yeah, they're talking as if it's a network they're dealing with. I think the big risk with a network is that if they get close to these people, desperation will kick in and we might see some more attacks flushed to the surface.

52 minutes ago, Park Life said:

There must be a pretty high chance that he was on a watch list somewhere. But there isn't the logistics to keep an eye on hundreds of people.

If only we had an offshore detention camp that we could stick them all in without trial. 

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah, they're talking as if it's a network they're dealing with. I think the big risk with a network is that if they get close to these people, desperation will kick in and we might see some more attacks flushed to the surface.

Arrests in Wigan and Tripoli. His brother and father were included.

U.S. leaking intel like a sieve. Photos of the detonator, battery, and backpack released.