Positive tactics

Anorthernsoul

What the fuck is wrong with Pardew? Why does he insist on playing one up front? Just look at our record since the turn of the year with his system, horrendous. Fucking abysmal. We have the players to beat anyone in the league, play to our strengths and get at teams and we can beat anyone. Instead he insists to play Gouffran who is pound for pound the worst player we have, he literally might aswell not be playing. Like we've got ten men. Consistently playing one up front is a fucking joke, how fucking thick and inept is this bloke man. We have a much better team than those unwashed cunts yet he panders to their negative tactics and sets us up for a fall. I fucking hate his negative philosophy.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

If he varied it, it wouldn't be such an issue. It works against dominant sides who we hit on the break (if the correct blokes have started the game that is)...The problem is he plays it at home against sides who we should just go out to beat. This is compounded when an artistic and very skillful player somehow finds himself as the target man. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

He wouldn't have had to throw the kitchen sink at them and go all out attack, leaving us exposed at the back, if he'd just started more positively.

Precisely, a braver manager would have gone out to win and then perhaps thought about shutting up shop if we were a goal or two up in the later stages. He did it the other way round and paid the price. You could understand if we were playing a side with much better players than ours rather than being at home to a Sunderland side who have really struggled to score / win games.

Precisely, a braver manager would have gone out to win and then perhaps thought about shutting up shop if we were a goal or two up in the later stages. He did it the other way round and paid the price. You could understand if we were playing a side with much better players than ours rather than being at home to a Sunderland side who have really struggled to score / win games.

I honestly believe we've a top eight 1st team squad. That being the case, the manager should be able to impose our football on others and let them react to us, rather than the other way round. Unfortunately, Pardew is a reactive manager and it shows every time we face a side that we're better than, man-for-man.

Bizarrely I think Allardyce has learnt from the bollocking he got in the summer and has played some decent, flexible, variable football this season and look how they're reaping the rewards with, what I believe, is a bang average 1st team squad.

From the players we have currently, what do we think the style of football would be though? I actually think we're well suited to the counter attack - we have pacey players who can move the ball quickly through midfield and up to the front men. Sissoko is integral to this, which is why our entire system will be in tatters in January when he is sold.

Of course, it'd be nice to be able to assert ourselves on teams as an alternative strategy to the counterattacking - Pardew has never really managed this, despite some occasional attractive periods - back in the Cabaye days. If we still had Cabaye as well as the team we have currently, I think we'd be able to find these killer balls to unlock defences after sustained possession based play. It's the inability to do this that means we are so impotent when the other team has men behind the ball, regardless of the 'style' of play.

Y'know, I'd forgotten about Siem De Jong... maybe he'll offer us what we need, who knows. When is he due back, must be soon now?

he was quoted by a dutch football account that he'll be back towards the end of Jan

Lacazette isn't a midfielder though. You don't half spout shite

What I mean is that we need to sign our best target before we rid ourselves of Sissoko. Lacazette is not for replacing Sissoko in terms of a like for a like, but to replace the ambition we lose buy selling our best player Sissoko. It will raise the desperation status of our club if we are to sell Sissoko first, and we might not get a good price for the players we want to sign after because A)we will have alot of money B)the clubs know we are looking for someone to up our ambition level, now even more as we have weakened our squad, and they will try to monetize on it. I'm sure Siem can do a good job as Sissoko's replacement, but we need other key players to come in aswell in January for a reasonable price (otherwise Ashley will say no).

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

Bizarrely I think Allardyce has learnt from the bollocking he got in the summer and has played some decent, flexible, variable football this season and look how they're reaping the rewards with, what I believe, is a bang average 1st team squad.

As long as you know how to utilize your strengths and mask your weaknesses within a squad, any team can make great results in the league. Pardew doesnt know shit about that, and almost categorically plays our team with most of our weaknesses exposed because hes stubborn, egotistical and believes he can drastically change the players to suit his specific type of football. Simply because denies the fact that he's wrong, even if our games regardless of results, prove wrongness about 90% of the time.

Edited by TheGoslingBeast