Pardew Loving Cathword I am

salsaman7

When a mackem takes the piss out of a superior club in this own pathetic manner though, you end up thinking "why bother you MC*".

Sunderland have been in the top 10 three times in the last 58 years, so debate things with clubs on your historical post war level.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got bargain players, thats players with alot of talent which we managed to find and buy at the right time. Cabaye was a so-called cheap player, Demba Ba was a cheap player, Debuchy was a cheap player, they were defintely worth more than what we got them for. Its all about timing and patience.

I have nothing against our squad as it is, I see clear as day there are potential there for us to be top contenders, but a team will only on rare occasions be better than its manager, and Pardew kept pulling this team down to his level.

the key word there is potential though. thats something that could never develop. Cabaye was the best find by far, we only got Ba because no team would take a risk on him, even stoke turned him down before we signed him. Debuchy only came because cabaye played for us. Thats 3 good players we have signed. look at the dross we have signed as well, anita, gouffran, on the whole cisse is probably classes as a flop with his dry spells in front of goal. HBA has talent no doubt but is classed as a flop (fell out with deschamps, pardew and bruce) Obertan - only starting to perform this season. MYB is a good defender but isnt physical enough for the EPL, another year or so with us and he would have been fine. Potential takes years to bring through - Abeid is a good example of that

Spot on, my hope is that we manage to get someone that can get the team playing some decent football for a change and not get fucking turned over on a regular basis. Sick to the back teeth of listening to Pardew's fucking drivel every week, his constant excuses, his self congratulations when the team is doing well and lack of responsibility when the team is doing bad, watching games that are shite when we lose and shite to watch when we win. Good fucking riddance.

Who? name a realistic target that would come? Geordie Bruce and ruled himeself out. Pulis is going to west brom. Newcastle doesnt have the pulling power that is used to have. Its a massive job at a massive club and we cant attract anyone. Is it MA's fault - YES. but this is where the club is under MA. We are going to get someone old, cheap and english. most of all a free agent. Look at the appointment of Kinnear! I'm living in fear watching SSN

Spot on, my hope is that we manage to get someone that can get the team playing some decent football for a change and not get fucking turned over on a regular basis. Sick to the back teeth of listening to Pardew's fucking drivel every week, his constant excuses, his self congratulations when the team is doing well and lack of responsibility when the team is doing bad, watching games that are shite when we lose and shite to watch when we win. Good fucking riddance.

Thats why i would have liked Pulis until the end of the season. He would sort the back 4 out by defending as a unit. And for christ sake sort out set pieces out! That i will blame on pardew because over the past 3 years different people have been taking set pieces! Injury to ryan taylor didnt help!

Pardew has been handed £100m of new talent in 4 years.

£40m of it has been left to rot on the bench or shipped out for free because he didn't fancy them.

How does a title winning, champions league performing cb like mbiwa not fit the team but Mike Williamson does?

Pardew doesnt buy his players. We have a Carr who i think is excellent by the way and a director of football that does the business. you cant seriously think pardew was wrong to drop cabella and Riviere and offload hba? Remember who sees the players on the training ground. Mbiwa wasnt performing either to be fair. he needs time to get used to the EPL.

Has anyone given credit to pardew for Perez perfoming? obertan finding form? Abied coming along and looking like a better footballer than tiote? Aarons being protected and brought in finding form before getting injured?

Give credit where its due lads.

Pardew doesnt buy his players. We have a Carr who i think is excellent by the way and a director of football that does the business. you cant seriously think pardew was wrong to drop cabella and Riviere and offload hba? Remember who sees the players on the training ground. Mbiwa wasnt performing either to be fair. he needs time to get used to the EPL.

Has anyone given credit to pardew for Perez perfoming? obertan finding form? Abied coming along and looking like a better footballer than tiote? Aarons being protected and brought in finding form before getting injured?

Give credit where its due lads.

All good points, but you have to consider the players who lost form as well, under Pardew. Tiote being one. Cisse last season. Sissoko last season as well actually, though he stepped it up again this year. Gouffran.

Drop Cabella? He's barely played him.

Cabella has talent thats clear - i seen a stat that said he created the most chances at one point in the season.

BUT he is not the complete package - he doesnt track back- look at the goal we conceded against sunderland. he was jogging back, he can come on in the 88th minute (should have been sooner) and didnt bust a gut to get back and get the ball off johnson.

Newcastle cant play with 10 men like under SBR where we could carry players like Robert, HBA and Cabella.

Even against everton he come on - did relatively well but why didnt he square the ball to riviere for a tap in? decision making lads? have to question it

All good points, but you have to consider the players who lost form as well, under Pardew. Tiote being one. Cisse last season. Sissoko last season as well actually, though he stepped it up again this year. Gouffran.

Sissoko played out of possition last season - pardews fault

Tiote and Cisse are experienced players that should be able to movtivate themselves and find their own form. they are senior sqaud players not huffy teenagers. no excuse for me. Should have sold tiote in the summer

Sorry about last night, I Kenned it a bit. Apologies Salsaman

If I'm right, Salsaman, I think the point you're driving to is that Pardew did well with what he had. I hold issue with that as he's had a team full of internationals throughout his 4yrs at the club. You say he's got now say, but he's had his say by not picking the expensive signings and sticking with the dross that you yourself state are poor players.

Krul

Debuchy, Janmaat

Colocinni, Mbiwa

Santon

Tiote, Sissoko, Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cabella

Ba, Cisse, Remy,

The players above are all good players, certainly good enough for an average manager to avoid getting destroyed by 3+ goals as often as Pardew did.

AP isn't entirely to blame for our lack of progression, but he's certainly to blame for the god awful performances, the terrible tactical choices before and during the game and the horrific mismanagement of the young players and those with flair.

Sorry about last night, I Kenned it a bit. Apologies Salsaman

If I'm right, Salsaman, I think the point you're driving to is that Pardew did well with what he had. I hold issue with that as he's had a team full of internationals throughout his 4yrs at the club. You say he's got now say, but he's had his say by not picking the expensive signings and sticking with the dross that you yourself state are poor players.

Krul

Debuchy, Janmaat

Colocinni, Mbiwa

Santon

Tiote, Sissoko, Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cabella

Ba, Cisse, Remy,

The players above are all good players, certainly good enough for an average manager to avoid getting destroyed by 3+ goals as often as Pardew did.

AP isn't entirely to blame for our lack of progression, but he's certainly to blame for the god awful performances, the terrible tactical choices before and during the game and the horrific mismanagement of the young players and those with flair.

Accepted Mr Fish!

However, the way you post those players is suggesting pardew had those to his disposal over the 4 years which he never. yeh pardews tactics needed to change from 4-2-3-1. every football fan in england must know how newcastle are going to line up and play each weekend. yes pardew does have to take responsibility and change things up but players have to take responsibility too

I just dont see why you mean we owe Pardew any form of credit. The only thing I'm thankful for is that he didn't leave us with a team full of overpaid championship players, which it would've been if he was controlling our transfer dealings, thank fuck he wasn't. If I was playing football manager with this team, and had gotten the results this slimy spitlickle has, the AI implemented in the game would already have sacked me for the third time.

Accepted Mr Fish!

However, the way you post those players is suggesting pardew had those to his disposal over the 4 years which he never. yeh pardews tactics needed to change from 4-2-3-1. every football fan in england must know how newcastle are going to line up and play each weekend. yes pardew does have to take responsibility and change things up but players have to take responsibility too

Yes some of the players' attitude & application hasn't been great, but I'd still level that blame at Pardew's door. If the rest of the club was all pulling in one direction & Janmaat was strolling through games, failing to stick to the plan and ducking out of challenges if happily level criticism at him.

But the players who've not performed, can't perform in Pardew's teams. Look at Cabella, he's clearly a clever talented footballer, but Pardew's trying to play him as a hard grafting winger, or tossing him on when the "Stay tight & pray they don't score, while hoping for a miracle from Perez/Cisse" tactic doesn't work.

Look at Mbiwa, this is a very good centre half who is calm on the ball, is good at reading the play and yet he wasn't getting games in his position because Pardew wants the ball away from the defence asap regardless of whether it's coming straight back or not.

Also Alan Pardew head butted David Meyler, told Pellegrini to "Shut your fucking noise you old cunt", pushed an official, blamed Armstrong for conceding against Man Utd, damaged the confidence of Alnwick before the derby...

Mike Ashley is the AIDS at the club. We can't cure ourselves of the fat man, but we can manage to survive until a cure is found.

Pardew was operable cancer.

I think the thing here is that people state that Pardew has us where we should be. Fair enough if all you're concerned about is league position, but I think that fails to consider how many of our fans feel about the style of football more than anything. I was thinking about this the other day, and my favourite season in our PL history was the first one when we scored 80 odd goals. No chance of winning the league, but we were devastatingly good going forward. Honestly, I prefer that season to the two 2nd place finishes (although the Man Utd 5-0 season was a close second). I'd take that style over 20 years of defensive football that might win us a League Cup one day or something, without question. Glorious failure is what this club is about, and I take some pride in that.

Yes, Mashely is the problem, but Pardew was never going to be the guy to put that attacking philosophy into place, and that's why there's no harm in getting shot of him. So we might get relegated - so what? Might encourage Ashley to sell, and clearly it's not going to bankrupt the club, he's made sure of that - the media would have a field day but then they always do. As a result of relegation, we might get someone who can actually put into place a good attacking philosophy since we'll be loaded with PL class players who should be more than capable of taking the game to championship sides.

Alternatively, Ashley hires a better manager now, and we see an immediate benefit.

The worst case scenario is we get a like for like replacement, but that's exactly the same situation as we would have been in had Pardew been here until 2020. Thus, there's no real risk here from my perspective.

In addition to that I'd say fans would accept poor league position if the football was improved & there was evidence of ambition.

would you prefer poor style of football but managing a 7th place finish sneaking into the Europa league or great attacking play but poor at the back resulting in a 10th place finish

But one season aside we've been watching shit football and finishing 10th or lower. Pardew deserves no thanks for the job he did, he was in the managerial graveyard when he came and from one good season and a couple of poor seasons (considering some of the players he has had) has managed to convince people he's a decent option as manager.

Pardews going to were he belongs he'll no doubt be a hero to Palace fans for a few weeks until he gets his feet under the table. The simple matter here is the job/club was too big for him the stats show for themselves he was way out of his depth. He was unliked by the fans (give us a wave Alan) was disrespectful to some other managers. He was lucky not to get sacked over the head butting incident (how could he discipined other players after that ). We all know he only got the job because he was a mate of Ashley's he hardly had the best CV in the world as he was paid off at all the other clubs he'd managed. We are well shot of him that's JFK, Llambias, & now Pardew gone that just leaves the main event. Hopefully the sackpardew.com guys have something up their sleeves remember this is OUR club it may be a shadow of it's former self now but like a phoenix it will rise from the ashes.